Greetings to all

Archangel

Greetings to everyone here in the forums. I am a proud owner of a RSC 182 Cup and I'm very happy to be here.

Firstly my condolences to the Howle family, who have lost 2 wonderful people due to the stupidity of some people who abuse their responsibilities as a driver on our roads. There are some very understandably angry responses to this incident which can make life very unpleasant for sports car enthusiasts like ourselves.

My personal view is that the Government needs to wake up to a growing culture of people who enjoy performance vehicles. They need to realise that the Police Force are ill-equipped to deal with this culture - they pull over cars and give out incorrect defect notices, there seems to be a wide range of responses for the same type of incident (eg. use of an after market exhaust system), and sometimes they don't even recognise a car if it doesn't have badging on it (My Nissan Silvia was logged as being a Black Sedan!).

I also think there is a lack of support by this Government and our society for advanced driver training, track days and motor sports. We have drivers out on the road driving in a reckless manner which gives sports car enthusiasts a bad name. Why? Because they never got the proper driver training to give them the right attitude to driving on the road as opposed to the track. Why? Probably because the government has firmly 'educated' everyone that as long as you drive slowly you'll be safe - what a load of BS. If the government had gotten behind advanced driving training, perhaps many family could actually afford the driving training that I believe is so essential to the development of young drivers.

Anyway, that's my introduction to the forums. Cya 'round!

Greetings to everyone here in the forums. I am a proud owner of a RSC 182 Cup and I'm very happy to be here.

Firstly my condolences to the Howle family, who have lost 2 wonderful people due to the stupidity of some people who abuse their responsibilities as a driver on our roads. There are some very understandably angry responses to this incident which can make life very unpleasant for sports car enthusiasts like ourselves.

My personal view is that the Government needs to wake up to a growing culture of people who enjoy performance vehicles. They need to realise that the Police Force are ill-equipped to deal with this culture - they pull over cars and give out incorrect defect notices, there seems to be a wide range of responses for the same type of incident (eg. use of an after market exhaust system), and sometimes they don't even recognise a car if it doesn't have badging on it (My Nissan Silvia was logged as being a Black Sedan!).

I also think there is a lack of support by this Government and our society for advanced driver training, track days and motor sports. We have drivers out on the road driving in a reckless manner which gives sports car enthusiasts a bad name. Why? Because they never got the proper driver training to give them the right attitude to driving on the road as opposed to the track. Why? Probably because the government has firmly 'educated' everyone that as long as you drive slowly you'll be safe - what a load of BS. If the government had gotten behind advanced driving training, perhaps many family could actually afford the driving training that I believe is so essential to the development of young drivers.

Anyway, that's my introduction to the forums. Cya 'round!

Welcome and thanks for your thoughts 8)

Welcome mate! You makes some good points. Come to the drive this Saturday & we can all talk about it some more 8)

Cheers,

Alex