Another Black 172 in Sydney

Dantheman

Hi All

After posting a few months back that i was shopping for a 172 I have finally taken the plunge and become an owner of a black '02 172 (38,000km). Still getting used to the clutch but have been amazed with it so far! The handling is certainly different from the old VR commodore !

There is a strange 'lurching' sound when the car has just been started and moving away from standstill but it only seems to happen once and then disappears. The sound appears to be from the left side. Anyone have any ideas? I apologise for the crappy description. The car was inspected by State Roads and they didnt pick it up. Otherwise everything seems in good order and i'm happy.

Looking forward to meeting other members sometime soon and getting more involved in the forums. Would also love to buy an 'EVO' sticker if they are still around.

Regards

Dan

Welcome mate!!

Good to see u took the plunge :mrgreen:

I have one sticker left but the way its been cut is very close to the top the of the O. i cant really tell if it chopped any of it off. I can post up a pic if you'd like so u can see what i mean

Cheers,

Alex

Weclome... from one black 02 RCS to another :D:D:D:D:D

+1

Welcome, excellent taste in cars and name.. :)

Get some Koni yellows on her..

Dan.

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Alex, if you get the chance it would be great if you could post a pic of the sticker. Definitely no hurry though.

SiFi, thanks for the note about the ABS self test. Its a relief to hear that !

BTW, does anyone have any good tips for roof racks (as in which models are best and where to get a good price)? One of the good things about owning the big car was the ability to fit everything inside (eg snowboard, surfboard, furniture etc) but you can't get too much inside the Clio !!

Thanks again everyone

Dan

BTW, does anyone have any good tips for roof racks (as in which models are best and where to get a good price)? One of the good things about owning the big car was the ability to fit everything inside (eg snowboard, surfboard, furniture etc) but you can't get too much inside the Clio !!

Welcome Dan.

Actually if you remove rear seats, fold rear and front seat backs down you can get a 2.7metre step ladder in with just a bit sticking out the back! But a roof rack is prob the way to go.

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Alex, if you get the chance it would be great if you could post a pic of the sticker. Definitely no hurry though.

SiFi, thanks for the note about the ABS self test. Its a relief to hear that !

Thanks again everyone

Dan

I bought racks for the same reason but i never use them. Do the trick with taking the rear seats out and putting the backrests down... I cant remember the last time i put my rear seat in the car.

Trust me you can fit a lot ... like two full mobile DJ systems including PA and speakers!

Anyways welcome Dan!

I bought racks for the same reason but i never use them. Do the trick with taking the rear seats out and putting the backrests down... I cant remember the last time i put my rear seat in the car.

Trust me you can fit a lot ... like two full mobile DJ systems including PA and speakers!

Anyways welcome Dan!

Probably a good idea to put some padding tween the folded backrest and the seat-belt clasp anchors as these can leave deep impressions in the leather edge of the seats

Yes yes they can .... but i find all the heavy DJ gear rolling around in the back of the car trashes my entire interior anyway. Whoever ends up buying my car when my lease is over will get a well looked after engine and drivetrain, a car with most of the K's being country driving (the girl lives in Canberra, the parents in Wollongong) but will have to deal with a severly scratched interior. On the plus side the Rear seat cushions are plush as they have been in my garage since new!

Yes yes they can .... but i find all the heavy DJ gear rolling around in the back of the car

Suspect Milford don't have a standard safety barrier for a Clio, but it may be worth seeing if you can have something made up. The thought of heavy gear hitting the back of the head is literally mind blowing!

Nah its always low down and tightly packed in ... its more the vibrating of the rough edges against the plastic (particularly on the hatch) that ruins the interior .... prob get a Kangoo or Berlingo soon so it wont be an issue any more.

Thanks for the info and tips guys. Think i'd still prefer to get the roof racks but the seat folding might work out in the meantime. I'll give it a bash this weekend.

On a slightly different note, is it correct that 172s and 182s come with a cargo net? If so, i think mine is missing. I'd be interested if people think it would be worth me tracking one down.

Cheers guys

Dan

Hi again all.

Just for your information and if anyone is interested, I got a price from the local Renault dealer for factory roof racks for the 172 of $219.

I forgot to ask if its possible to get a replacement cargo net. Does anyone happen to know off hand if you can get them?

Cheers

Dan