RS20 BD

Chunky

BonJour,

I have just got a Clio RS20 BD. can some one please tell me exactly what it is and is it different to a 172 or 186 and , what is a 172 or 186. I live in Perth. Is there an owners club and can I join. The little car is quite fast. I was told that the zero to 100 is 7.00secs: is this right.

I have put Yokahma C Drive 215 x 50 tyers on and they seem to hold on well.

It is silver/grey. I had the steering wheel recovered n a black soft leather which came out quite well given thta the interior is a dark blue "velvet".

I recently went down south to Margaret River and I think the speedo read 138 in 3rd gear does this sound right or is there some more there.

It seems there is a bracket or something on the gear stick that has worn and so the stick vibrates in 1st and rattles in 4th. Can any one tell what this is and can I replace it myself.

Overall it is a delightful car to drive and most other drivers seem o under estimate it and a very suprised to see it take off when one tries.

Cheers to all and look forward to hearing results, that's if I can work out how to retrive them.

Chunky

Welcome Chunky! You just joined this club by posting :)

Have you got any photo's you can post up? Sounds to me like you have a 172 or a 182. Never heard of a RS 20 BD...anyone else care to comment?

Sounds like you have the usual issues with the car but once sorted all will be fine and dandy. You probably have a gear box mount that has failed. Tends to happen from time to time.

Glad you are enjoying your new car. Without doubt they are an exceptional car and if all goes well you will be doing this :lol: a lot!!

Cheers,

Mase

Welcome Chunky! As Mase mentioned, your now part of the clan (or club!)

Not sure what the BD is, but you own a 2002 RenaultSport Clio 172! (aka Clio Sport 172)

And yes, the car is fast (0-100 in 7.1s), but it's what the Clio does in corners that makes it the best Hot Hatch around :wink:

Cheers,

Steve

Welcome! There's a heap of info in the site, but it can be buried quite deep into some of the forums.

Most of the small issues have fixes posted. There are some wonderful people here with a lot of experience with these cars, and not just in Oz.

Most of all, Enjoy your little 'un. :mrgreen:

Welcome chunky :)

hehe Loads of questions there you want answered... but firstly, if you have the blue velvety interior then it sounds like you have one of the first batch of 85 cars, so in effect a RENAULTsport Clio II 172 Phase I 'Cup'.

I'm sure your questions will be answered by many of the knowledgable members we have here in this unofficial club, and may have already been answered so just do a search if you have the time.

Sorry, but I have stuff to do now, so will have to leave you to it! Enjoy your new weapon :)

Regards, Dish.

but firstly, if you have the blue velvety interior then it sounds like you have one of the first batch of 85 cars, so in effect a RENAULTsport Clio II 172 Phase I 'Cup'.

He did say it is a 2002 model, so I think it's a RenaultSport Clio 172 'phase 2' withOUT ESP. :wink::roll:

Thanks to you all for the relpies. The car has a Cup Clio badge just by the mirror. So it seems that the car is a Clio 172 mkII.

Can any one tell how to import photos to the site and into my Chunky address.[/b]

Go to http://photobucket.com/

create an account, upload your photo, then cut & paste the url into your profile. If you want an image in one of your posts use the tag rather than the URL, good luck.

Thanks for the replies about getting photos to this site. Unfortunately I am not clever enough to understand what was being said to me about url's img tags and the other stuff. As you may have guess my computer skills are almost zero. I will have to get my son over to help me he will be able to figure it out.

Thanks Guys

Nice one. A MkI - only 85 of these delivered new in Australia. What number is yours? If you have a look in the Clio section, you'll find the MkI Register as a sticky at the top. Details on the car? Mileage? The wheels look aftermarket too.

Hi

Yes the wheels are after market and I am not very keen on them buy hey what the hell the car goes well.

I will have a look for the number but the origna; boks werestolen so I have replacement so actual number may have gone too.

G'day Chunky!

A nice MkI you have there.

I actually don't mind the wheels - at least what I can see of them in the pics.

I agree though, that there's something special about keeping it original :)

I expect that if you can't find the number of the car, Renault Australia would be able to tell you if you phone them with your VIN. It's one of those things you'd like to know :)

Oh, and welcome to the forum! If you have the need to shoot across the Nullabor to Adelaide, make sure you give us some advance notice. There are number of us here who would love to take you for a spin through the Adelaide Hills.

Hi Chris

I have been to Adelaide many times and certainly the hills down through to Victor Harbour are wonderful.

I would love to go for a spin through there in my car.

AS to the number the daeler gave me a print out which includes all sorts of numbers. Can you give me an example of the way in which Renault woud depict the actual car number.

The numbers that I have that might be the right one are

K000032

SUO 29 This one's just before the VIN number

most of the other numbers are too big to be a car number.

Cheers Peter.

Number 29 was in Melbourne about 6 months ago, seems a long way for a car to travel for a re-sale.

Might be 32?

I have no idea, on meds for sinus problems and just can't seem to stop typing :?

Definately not a Melb car.It was originally a WA registered. Seems then that it may well be 32.

Is this significant.

There should also be a limited edition plate (includes the number/85) under the bonnet. Front right as you look from the front to back.

Is this significant.

As may have been previously mentioned, you have one of only 85 cars of that style that came into Australia, the very first of the Clio range.

Each came with an individually numbered plaque inside stating which number of the 85 that particular vehicle was.

They are the rarest of the clios in Australia.

Congratulations on deciding to purchase a little piece of history :mrgreen: may it bring a grin to your face whenever you take it out for a drive.

being pragmatic, it's just a colour. I happen to be deeply infatuated with it, but the F1 shares all the other bits (gordini stripes, v6 spoiler, etc) so I wouldn't say it's a special run or different model.

how about we share it - I'll drive and you can pay me :mrgreen: that way I'll let you call it 'ours'....

Chunky, that's great!

It would be good if you pop a post in the register thread here:

http://www.ozrenaultsport.com/forum/vie ... php?t=2194

BTW, have you noticed that there are quite a few other forum users in Perth?? Check out the member list.

http://www.ozrenaultsport.com/forum/memberlist.php

Thanks. I will amke contact with some of the Guys in Perth.

I have not been able to put any thing into my picture area at the side of the messages. the phots I have when I reduce them to fit become so small they can't be seen.

Chunky, the image you have there (your 'avatar') now isn't bad.

You will notice that some of the guys crop the picture down to show a particular feature of the car, thereby being quite artistic, AND easily viewed.

I think that one of the most noticeable features of the MkI is the unique grill/front styling (that's how I pick them out anyway!!). You might consider takeing a front shot or front/side angle shot, and cropping the picture down to 'zoom' in on part of the front grill/badge/bumper. Then everyone would know you have a MkI!!