Newbie to RS

spooky

Hi

I am days away from taking ownership of a new-to-me 2021 Megane RS Trophy and a mate suggested I join this forum. I am an Alfisti at heart, but Alfa seems to have abandoned us hot hatch lovers. Looking forward to new beginnings.

• Like 5

Welcome mate! 
were you part of the AusAlfa community?

The transition from Alfa to Renault is quite an easy one and there are several Alfisti here including myself. 

you’ll find the crushing depression from having an Alfa that doesn’t work will disappear quickly however the crushing depression from owning an RS will replace it. :D

• Like 1

Thank you!

Only ever been a lurker on AusAlfa. I had to give up my 147 many years ago (something something newborn child) and was looking hoping for the modern equivalent of the 147 GTA.

Edited by spooky

2 hours ago, spooky said:

Thank you!

Only ever been a lurker on AusAlfa. I had to give up my 147 many years ago (something something newborn child) and was looking hoping for the modern equivalent of the 147 GTA.

Unfortunately, or fortunately whichever way you look at it, the 147/156 GTAs were a genre all on their own. The sound, torque, looks and way they devoured bushes and timing belts is something that was never seen before or after. 

the megane 280 is a far cry from the Alfa life. 

• Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...