Hi newbie here looking at 2019 Megane RS 280 auto

Willforach

Hi all new to forums and posting so may get things wrong... 

Looking at a 2019 Megane RS 280 auto with CUP suspension...  mid  km's ..  looks in good condition and love the look and watched many reviews and you tube videos... Just wondering what i should be looking out for before parting with the money... ie expected service costs, costs of brembo servicing and pads and what is the best tyre out there for this car. Any other tips while test driving or viewing etc and where would be best place for servicing etc ...

Any suggestions or opinions would be welcome..  volcanic orange colour just stands out and it is a great looking car

Thanks

• Like 2

Welcome!

The Orange is the best colour but then I'm biased. 

The only thing that has been an issue is the fuel pump but that should have been sorted under the recall. The 2019 should have a 5 year warranty so still have one year left. 

Service costs are relatively good. Im getting my 2018 serviced today and im looking at roughly $440 plus a loan car (Koleos!). The EDC is a nice box and doesn't really have issues.

If it's been well maintained, they're a reliable car much like any modern passenger vehicle. 

Good luck with your search

Thanks for post, the seller says that this car missed out on the 5 yr warranty... not sure how i can check that or whether the 5yr warranty came in sometime during 2019... Says been serviced at a renault dealership so will check the service books etc ...  just wonder whether the ride will be too firm on Aussie roads ... test drive on Saturday 

• 2 weeks later...

dealer had it wrong, I  bought the RS 280 Orange and has factory warranty till dec 2024 which is good. What's people's opinions on best tyres for these cars? Michelin Pilot Sport 4S or Goodyear Eagle Asymmetric 2/3?  also after  a cargo net for boot to hold down or stable stuff i have in there...  any ideas on where apart from Renault themselves?

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Hi - tagging on to this post as related.

I'm also considering a MY19 (ish) RS280 as an occasional daily + smaller car for l-plater to learn in (I have a few other dailies so this will get part-time use) and have a couple of questions:

1. reviews suggest the "non-cup" setup is more compliant for crap roads.  But big downside seems to be the missing lsd.  If I give it a punt it will be on poorish tarmac.  Any recommendations on focusing on cup spec or standard?  BTW, this is unlikely to see track use as I have a built track car and other options.

2. I can't seem to find any local tuning options for these.  Are there any recommendations on where I could get tune/filters/pipes done?  Located in Vic.  Have used Evolve-Teknic in the past but they don't list Renault.

Thanks for your help.  Newbie to Renault, but not to performance motoring. Have admired the megane for a long time (since the R26) and love a hot hatch, though it's been many years since I owned one.

On 20/5/2023 at 12:38 PM, Willforach said:

dealer had it wrong, I  bought the RS 280 Orange and has factory warranty till dec 2024 which is good. What's people's opinions on best tyres for these cars? Michelin Pilot Sport 4S or Goodyear Eagle Asymmetric 2/3?  also after  a cargo net for boot to hold down or stable stuff i have in there...  any ideas on where apart from Renault themselves?

I got my cargo net for my 280 from Renault and I think it was priced reasonably well. Otherwise Amazon or eBay ones seem ok. I got one recently for our Honda civic from Amazon as Honda couldn’t sell me one for some reason, it seems fine.

1 hour ago, NPS said:

1. reviews suggest the "non-cup" setup is more compliant for crap roads.  But big downside seems to be the missing lsd.  If I give it a punt it will be on poorish tarmac.  Any recommendations on focusing on cup spec or standard?  BTW, this is unlikely to see track use as I have a built track car and other options.

If it's a daily I doubt you'll miss the LSD especially if you're dealing with crappy roads. The Sport chassis is more than capable even if the Cup has the prestige of 'race car' and the black wheels look much better than the diamond cut ones

1 hour ago, NPS said:

2. I can't seem to find any local tuning options for these.  Are there any recommendations on where I could get tune/filters/pipes done?  Located in Vic.  Have used Evolve-Teknic in the past but they don't list Renault.

There are a couple of places that do them but they're probably a cookie cutter type standardised tune. Paul from RS Tuning in the UK occasionally comes out here for tuning. He was here last year and @squibby generally is the organiser.

• Like 1