Back 4 more.

smee323

After selling our 300 Trophy manual (which I see is up for sale again at an increased price) we are almost back.

Currently on the lookout for a Clio cup 200 or 220 and willing to travel for the right one.  The 200 PH 2 in Rockhampton is tempting although not a cup chassis.

Other than increased power, is there much to a 220 over a 200.  I have had a look at the sheet in the Clio page to identify major differences.  Just thinking niceties like heated seats, reverse camera or RS Monitor.

There is a Blue 197 Sport in Vic which is tempting.

7 hours ago, smee323 said:

After selling our 300 Trophy manual (which I see is up for sale again at an increased price) we are almost back.

Currently on the lookout for a Clio cup 200 or 220 and willing to travel for the right one.  The 200 PH 2 in Rockhampton is tempting although not a cup chassis.

Other than increased power, is there much to a 220 over a 200.  I have had a look at the sheet in the Clio page to identify major differences.  Just thinking niceties like heated seats, reverse camera or RS Monitor.

Don’t bother with the blue 197 listed for 14K in Victoria, I had a mechanic check it out, looots of little issues! 

I got him down to 12 but thought what a mistake I was making. Ended up buying a lovely 200 Trophy Cup with some tasty mods! 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, chuckovski said:

The 220 seats prefacelift were better. 

I'm umming and ah-ing about selling my cup 200 with lots of mods, but I'm guessing you're in Qld?

I'm in Adelaide.
Not averse to travelling for the right car.
Last 2 have come from Perth and Noosa.

Trophy 220 is a little more hardcore, with faster shifts (by memory about 40-50%), quicker steering and stiffer suspension. Has all the extra goodies being RS monitor, heated front seats, reverse camera and sensors. 

You'll have to go for a 200 Cup Premium, Cup Trophy or Monaco GP if you want the extra goodies in a 200.

The ph2's do have 260nm of torque (20nm up on the ph1) which is apparently noticeable but I'll leave that to your discretion. 

Also I remember reading either in this forum or on a facebook page that the 2013 and 2014 models could have gearbox programming issues in the long run, in which Reno had dealt with from the 2015 model and up. Not too sure though. 

• Like 1

On 27/02/2023 at 3:54 PM, smee323 said:

I have the 2014 Cup Trophy, and can confirm they do have goodies you mentioned. Leather seats, heated seats, reverse camera, sensors and RS Monitor. A tune increases power and torque by about 20%. I've heard the gearbox shifting is faster on the later models.

• Like 1

If anyone is interested in a Cup Premium/Trophy 200 with some cool bits (KTR catback, Koya Works downpipe/flexpipe, etc) and full service history from renotech, koya works and renault (gearbox ecu was replaced March 2022), feel free to PM me willing to let it go for well below market value. 

Edited by RWD
  • Like 1