Clio RS IV Questions

LouisK

Hi all

New to this forum, but not new to Renault Sports. I have previously had a RS275 Trophy (kick myself for selling it but home Reno had to come first). Wife drives Meg IV GT (1.6 T). 

Just picked up Clio IV RS Cup premium in Liquid Yellow from an enthusiast one owner off Aussiefrogs.

Car is done 110k km mostly highway and in lovely condition with extensive history from Renault and Gosford European. 

Had a few questions if I may:

- it is on its original 7 year battery! It’s an AGM stop start battery, but the car does not have stop start. Has anyone replaced their battery in Clio RS with a standard non AGM? 
- the EDC transmission was changed about 20k km ago. Gosford euro used Nulon multi vehicle DCT fluid. Being dry clutch, Is that fluid ok for these? Wouldn’t an ELF oil be required.  No issues with EDC (smooth shifts, no shudder) so I guess leave good enough alone? 

Would appreciate your advice!

thanks

Louis k

1 minute ago, LouisK said:

Hi all

New to this forum, but not new to Renault Sports. I have previously had a RS275 Trophy (kick myself for selling it but home Reno had to come first). Wife drives Meg IV GT (1.6 T). 

Just picked up Clio IV RS Cup premium in Liquid Yellow from an enthusiast one owner off Aussiefrogs.

Car is done 110k km mostly highway and in lovely condition with extensive history from Renault and Gosford European. 

Had a few questions if I may:

- it is on its original 7 year battery! It’s an AGM stop start battery, but the car does not have stop start. Has anyone replaced their battery in Clio RS with a standard non AGM? 
- the EDC transmission was changed about 20k km ago. Gosford euro used Nulon multi vehicle DCT fluid. Being dry clutch, Is that fluid ok for these? Wouldn’t an ELF oil be required.  No issues with EDC (smooth shifts, no shudder) so I guess leave good enough alone? 

Would appreciate your advice!

thanks

Louis k

Sorry, it was EDC oil changed 20k Km ago not EDC itself. Still original gearbox! 

Congrats on your purchase. 

I just changed my factory AGM a week or two ago. Not a bad run for an 8 year old battery.  I have read that our cars can have gremlins caused by a dying or inadequate battery so I replaced mine with another Varta AGM. 

Renotech used Motul DCT fluid during my service recently. Usually I like to stick with what the manufacturer recommends however these Renaults are a little more nuanced than the Japanese cars I am used to thus I fully trust what someone who deals with them everyday (ie renotech) recommends. 

I got 3 years perfect use out of a non AGM battery in mine

i wouldn’t trust a battery as old as yours. Get it replaced 

the oil used is perfect

replace the cold side pipe before it blows on you. Its a matter of when, not if. Plenty of details in other threads on this

13 hours ago, LouisK said:

Hey Deet

have looked at looked at your priori posts and have cable tied my cold intake. Does that help? Would some epoxy on the edges be useful? 

It will still go. Just replace it

I have used both the Motul and Nulon. I currently have the Nulon in the car and the box seems to be happier than with the Motul. Nulon lists the Renault Part number and the number is the correct one for our cars.