Just picked up a Clio RS 200

selinay

Hi all, I just picked up a 2015 Clio RS 200 in Liquid Yellow on Wednesday and I am absolutely stoked! 

It had only done 7500km and still has the new car smell I almost felt it was too good to be true but everything checked out and I've been loving driving it...
Except for that terrible Media Nav system. Now I've seen some older posts (2018) where others in Melbourne/Australia have managed to get Renault to replace it with the new Media Nav Evo, and I suppose I was wondering if anyone has recently had any luck doing this and how much it set them back?

Or any other units I can replace it with, I really cannot stand the Bluetooth. 

Also.. If anyone has any recommendations for good workshops in South East Melbourne, that would also be much appreciated! 

• Like 3

Get the cold side boost pipe changed as soon as you can

It is nearly impossible to replace the head unit. Pioneer used to make a specific replacement. But was never available here

only other option is an android unit from China. 

Both come with a replacement dash facia and are specific to the car. You cant just fit any normal sized headunit without major surgery. 

Edited by Deet

You can fit the alternate R-LINK unit, just a matter of finding one. Probably best done DIY if you have skills and most will say it's not possible. Might need some reprogramming with Renault Clip or DDT4ALL, but doable.

Edited by Matt205

31 minutes ago, Matt205 said:

You can fit the alternate R-LINK unit, just a matter of finding one. Probably best done DIY if you have skills and most will say it's not possible. Might need some reprogramming with Renault Clip or DDT4ALL, but doable.

If you go this way you will need the dash facia to match and the connection panel that goes down inside the console pocket

On 14/05/2022 at 11:21 AM, Deet said:

It is nearly impossible to replace the head unit. Pioneer used to make a specific replacement. But was never available here

Both come with a replacement dash facia and are specific to the car. You cant just fit any normal sized headunit without major surgery. 

Thanks! I ordered one shortly after buying it, I spent considerable time stalking the forums 

Yeah thank you, I did end up finding a 10inch replacement including the dash facia replacement but for $1000+ I think I'll deal with using an aux..

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/5/2022 at 11:21 AM, Deet said:

What cold side boost pipe should it be replaced with? And roughly how much would it cost?

51 minutes ago, Scatmole said:

What cold side boost pipe should it be replaced with? And roughly how much would it cost?

The airtec cold side boost pipe, it’s not readily available in Australia as far as I know but I ordered mine off eBay, after conversion I ended up paying just shy of $398 or so including shipping 

1 hour ago, Scatmole said:

There is only one. See above