Another Crazy Driving A Cup On The Roads Of Melbourne

Titanium 182 Cup

I went into Oakleigh Euro a couple of months back to shop for a new car with the girlfriend. The location suited well simply because my good mate is the sales manager there.

We spend most of the day test driving a whole heap of cars until she finally decided on a megane sedan. During our expedition we also went for a flog in the two 182 cups that they had. (One was a Blood Orange LE with stripes and the other a Blue F1 edition with yellow stripes).

After about a week i just couldn't get the clio sport experience out of my head (it had reminded me of how much fun i used to have racing around in my old datsun 240z and rx7 twin turbo). I therefore decided to give him a call and see what he could do for me.....but to my dismay, he had sold the 'orange rocket' that i had so willingly test flogged, and 'blue f1 job'...... However, being a mate, he did offer the very last brand new 182 cup in Melbourne.

I must say I have been more than happy with the handling and performance in the 4 weeks that I've had it, but I have noticed one thing in particular...........

there is a tendancy for fellow RS Clio drivers to sneak up behind you, then cruise beside you, winking and waving with big grins on their faces. Pretty much after that point it seems to be a game of cat and mouse !

So far it's all been a blast of an experience meeting fellow RS clio drivers on the road......and I look forward to seeing you on there sometime!

It was a blue F1 RS CLIO that had a thich yellow strip down the middle of the bonnet (not the traditional two thin gordini offsett stripes), it and also a few yellow decals and f1 badging on the sides.

I was looking in the sightings forum before and looks it was recently spotted in clayton which would make sense..... since it was an oakleigh euro mobile.

By the way, my car came with a silver renault clio sticker (that has a kinda celtic tribal pattern) on the back window........makes the car look very individual and easy to pick, but I am seriously thinking about taking it off.

(first one to spot gets to help)

Hey Andrew!

Welcome to the forum! I did realise you were online yesterday and was wondering when you were going to introduce yourself :P

Nice choice on the car! Oh, and I'm sure the gf is happy with her Megane Sedan then? Or does she want your car now too?

I do believe (althought it wasn't made clear in his post) that you test drove Griffyn's Orange 182 Cup!

Cheers,

Steven

Yes she loves the Megane but as nice as it is with the leather interior....it's way too sluggish for me !

We both took Griff's car out for sure (it was ours at that stage) think it had 2000k on the clock (exec mobile).

She said it was too small for her two kids, but since orange is her favourite colour she decided that could go for a spin. (women)

From that moment on, i dont think she really got to see the inside (I think her eyes were shut the whole drive). Netherless, she liked it and I helped break it in !

Since then, she has started driving mine and i found the drive up to the red hill wineries to be good for me on the way up, down.....and even better on the way back.

(Ah the numbing feeling of red wine when your woman drives your new car and your thinkin about going to home to do the same!)

A very very warm welcome to you sir!

Thanks god for proper owners...

Wasn't that long ago that Revs was complaining about snobs.

HAve to say some rsc owners are absent. There's a red 172 at uni with a devil exhaust and a sunroof. I park virtually next to him, for ONCE I don't have time to stop and write a note - no cards left thanks to POPS - and the guy doesn't notice.

Also some dick at City Maccas next to Porsche in a blue 172...sigh

At least Griffyn will testify to my note writing skills 8)

SO WELCOME ANDREW

Christian.

I went into Oakleigh Euro a couple of months back to shop for a new car with the girlfriend. The location suited well simply because my good mate is the sales manager there.

We spend most of the day test driving a whole heap of cars until she finally decided on a megane sedan. During our expedition we also went for a flog in the two 182 cups that they had. (One was a Blood Orange LE with stripes and the other a Blue F1 edition with yellow stripes).

After about a week i just couldn't get the clio sport experience out of my head (it had reminded me of how much fun i used to have racing around in my old datsun 240z and rx7 twin turbo). I therefore decided to give him a call and see what he could do for me.....but to my dismay, he had sold the 'orange rocket' that i had so willingly test flogged, and 'blue f1 job'...... However, being a mate, he did offer the very last brand new 182 cup in Melbourne.

I must say I have been more than happy with the handling and performance in the 4 weeks that I've had it, but I have noticed one thing in particular...........

there is a tendancy for fellow RS Clio drivers to sneak up behind you, then cruise beside you, winking and waving with big grins on their faces. Pretty much after that point it seems to be a game of cat and mouse !

So far it's all been a blast of an experience meeting fellow RS clio drivers on the road......and I look forward to seeing you on there sometime!

BTW not sure you want to advertise your test drives in such a way^^^^^ :mrgreen: Some of these cars may have made it onto this forum

Oh and welcome to OzRS. :wink:

...and the other a Blue F1 edition with yellow stripes).

Yeah, I left a note on the blue-and-yellow one a while back telling them about the forums, but they never checked in... guess they're not interested. Good to see you looked us up though! Welcome to the forums :)

It was a blue F1 RS CLIO that had a thich yellow strip down the middle of the bonnet (not the traditional two thin gordini offsett stripes), it and also a few yellow decals and f1 badging on the sides.

I was looking in the sightings forum before and looks it was recently spotted in clayton which would make sense..... since it was an oakleigh euro mobile.

Yeah, I see it at work every day lol! I also saw it up on the display stand at oakleigh every time i went past, before it was sold... I actually thought it was a promo vehicle for that dealership, since they'd obviously had the decals done especially. I think it looks pretty good... plus, it's unique.

Scott.

Hi Andrew,

Very last 182 cup in Melbourne hey?

Massive Coincidence, but if you got that car from Garry and Warren Smith in Nunawading, then it would be the SAME one that I test drove. I'm proud to say that this was the RSC that turned me into a frog.

And yes, I did treat her nicely.

-Dan

Hi Dan,

Mine came from Oakleigh, but if you had of test driven it before me it wouldn't have bothered me.....i think they are a car that everyone should experience driving, before getting addicted and going out to buy one !

I'm glad you feel that way... I now own the orange 182 cup from City Autos. At least 2 people on the forum have driven my car before I owned it now...

Hi Griff,

I love the orange one's, especially when the seats and dash are dry and soapless (bloody kids opened the window while i was washing it at the carwash :shock: )

Anyway, seems no damage was done. Hopefully we will catch up for a chat on the road sometime after my interior has dried.

Regards & enjoy !

Andrew

Ps. In hindsight power window locks would have been a good inclusion!

That's gold!

I will try that one day with my friends...

Welcome to the forums too!

Maybe you'd be interested in the 26th Dande run :)

Someone has to try and convince our famous little blood orange Clio to come along too...

Welcome to the forums Andrew. I know how you feel about not getting the driving experience out of your head - but it took me over 18 months before I had enough dosh to fork out for my used 172 :lol: - oh well, almost as much fun as a new 182 Cup!! 8)

Enjoy and will keep an eye out for you on the road...keep your eyes on the social pages for drive days and get togethers.

Yay Melbourne, it seems there are a few more out on the roads these in Vic.

Welcome Andrew!

So there's no new ones left in Melb OR Syd now! Are there ANY left around the place these days?

Enjoy the site & get social!

Cheers,

Alex