Newbie Clio R.S 220

CLaV

Hi all, 

i recently purchase the Clio RS 220 trophy, loving it so far. I noticed sth weird with the edc transmission (I’ve never driven a dct transmission car before), hope to get some answers here😊
- when I put the car in reverse and move at low speed, the car shakes/judders. Is it normal as in when the clutches are engaging or it’s something to worry about.

- what’s the average cost to replace brake pads and rotors for these cars? Looking to get it done with Renotech in Sydney. 

TIA

Interesting, my 220 does not shake or judder in reverse. I would agree about not creeping. The clutch needs to fully engage. It can be a bit weird with a lack of smoothness if going forward at very  low speed. The software tends to make the clutch be either in or out. It is no issue if you completely  stop first. Leave a gap and then move forward. 

2 minutes ago, R17G said:

Interesting, my 220 does not shake or judder in reverse. I would agree about not creeping. The clutch needs to fully engage. It can be a bit weird with a lack of smoothness if going forward at very  low speed. The software tends to make the clutch be either in or out. It is no issue if you completely  stop first. Leave a gap and then move forward. 

Which sadly means in Sydney traffic you'll never get through a green light! 

• Haha 1

On 18/01/2022 at 5:53 AM, chuckovski said:

Brake pads and rotors will last a while - and there are some non-OEM replacements which are pretty cheap

Ehm, no? I mean it's clearly depending on how you drive but the brakes of the C4RS are actually subpar. One of our guys with a Trophy killed his fronts after just 15tkm. I was in the car when they finally gave up. It happened on a ~45min tour at our annual meeting. The guy has talent and I wish I could drive like him. Ok, I've to admit that he "overdrove" the car a bit but he wasn't going totally nuts.

Our more spirited drivers at least upgrade the pads and discs while others switch to Brembo.

2VWvHKy.jpg

/edit: Concerning the shuddering. You're aware that there is a software update for the EDC available, right?

Edited by Marsch

6 hours ago, Marsch said:

Ehm, no? I mean it's clearly depending on how you drive but the brakes of the C4RS are actually subpar. One of our guys with a Trophy killed his fronts after just 15tkm. I was in the car when they finally gave up. It happened on a ~45min tour at our annual meeting. The guy has talent and I wish I could drive like him. Ok, I've to admit that he "overdrove" the car a bit but he wasn't going totally nuts.

Our more spirited drivers at least upgrade the pads and discs while others switch to Brembo.

2VWvHKy.jpg

/edit: Concerning the shuddering. You're aware that there is a software update for the EDC available, right?

That colour combo looks great

• 2 weeks later...