Time to mod the Rs200, would like assistance with links! thank you

Shaqjam

Hi all, so after owning the Rs200 for 2 years and sharing it with the wife, I'm finally getting her a car and going to start some light mods. 

However I'm really struggling on finding reliable sources and/or links. 

Heres the current mods I'm after:

1. Springs to lower the car, I can only find them from the UK and shipping is insane. 

2. I Have some bad swirl mark scratches on the paint, is there anything I can use to paint over without going to a professional? (mines the black one)

3. replacement arm rest (before I lose my shit at the crap quality of the current one and rip it out myself)

4. BlueFIN chip (I read alot of comments of it here and it seems to be really worth it, will definitely be getting this). 

5. Res delete (this has been mentioned alot on the forums, is this something I can do myself or does this need a professional? )

I'm hoping to do more of the mods myself then bringing it to a shop as I've always wanted to work on cars, If I were to get the springs is swapping them something someone can do on their own?

Thank you for any help! I really hope I'm not repeating questions that others have asked but I had a search and couldnt find any links that were recent. 

For lowered springs

http://www.eibachdirect.com/p/9264810/eibach-pro-kit---renault-clio-iv-.html

You can change them yourself if you have spring compressing tool. The job is not too difficult but it may be dangerous if not carried out in proper way.

You can also do your own res delete ( I did myself) if you have tools . It is hard to advise when we don't know your skills and what tools you have.

The same with swirls. Easy, providing you have the orbital sander. Few years back I paid for the one day course organised by Car Care Products. Learned basic things how to do paint correction.

Can't comment on Bluefin.  @Stromlo wrote his experience here https://www.ozrenaultsport.com/topic/35424-bluefin-upgrade-short-update/

If you’re still looking for more noise after the res delete (as it doesn’t increase the sound significantly) I recommend the downpipe + second pipe pack from Koya Works. Perfect sound for the car in my opinion - not too loud and not too quiet, and adds a nice note. You could also get more power out of the car if you choose to get a custom tune instead paired with the downpipe. 

Thank you Eight and Sim, legends, I had no idea Eibach had an aus site, I searched from springs for days and that link never came up. 

my skill levels are super low and so are my tools that are available. Will stick with the professionals. 

I managed to find someone to do the res delete so might get the springs at the same time and get him to do both. 

very excited, thank you again!

If you've never done springs before, a FWD with a perfohub is not the easiest car to start out on.  The rear is a simple job and doesn't require much more than a jack and a spanner; the front, not so much.  @Eight is right that spring compressors on front struts are potentially very dangerous to work with. 

You've got a black car so learning how to manage clear coat swirls is a good thing to master.  Maybe get a detailer to do it the first time if it is really bad but get yourself a random orbital polisher and suitable products and get on Youtube.  Don't try a rotary polisher - they are for the pros - random orbital is the way to go for the amateur enthusiast. 

• Like 2