Newbie in Canberra bought my first Megane (265 Cup).

Pavman11

Hey again,  I picked up my 2015 Megane RS 265 Cup last weekend. Basics: Pearl White 2016 Complied,  Leather heated seats.  67000kms. Plans: currently enjoying driving it whilst I look into the following to get it how I want it (or at least how I think I want it😞

• Dump pipe
  • Cold air intake 
  • Custom Tune
  • Reverse camera Android auto/apple carplay integration.
  • Playing with an obd2 HUD.

Then trying to figure out some customisations in the interior to enable me to put a travel mug/water bottle in a handy location!  

Cheers, 

Paul. 

IMG20200926131344~4.jpg

• Like 3

19 hours ago, spaleta_9 said:

Welcome Paul,

I'll keep an eye out around town for you.  Good plan of mods list.  There's a pretty healthy Cbr RS crew on here, we're well overdue a group cotter run.

Being super bloody considerate to not kill any cyclists I trust... Dont ride that road anymore, too many dickheads playing wannabe race driver on blind corners. Would love to be a cop along there. 

13 hours ago, Haakon said:

Being super bloody considerate to not kill any cyclists I trust... Dont ride that road anymore, too many dickheads playing wannabe race driver on blind corners. Would love to be a cop along there

I think there needs to be a good balance. If it’s a known spot where cars and motor bikes like to go I feel that perhaps the push bikes should respect their space a little. It’s a big area out there. 

ive run into a few cyclists lists out there riding three abreast out into the middle of the road refusing to move for cars And let them pass so it does go both ways, same as some car drivers are just dicks.

On 06/10/2020 at 10:47 PM, Pavman11 said:

After extensive reading on the forum,  I'll probably not change the intake but am interested in the short shift kit/mod. 

Which one mate? The cae style skeleton shifter or the other less expensive one. I’ve done both and both are good. I’m happy to show you my car if you are considering mods as I’ve done a few including the intake if you would like to hear it

4 hours ago, Docmattic said:

I think there needs to be a good balance. If it’s a known spot where cars and motor bikes like to go I feel that perhaps the push bikes should respect their space a little. It’s a big area out there. 

ive run into a few cyclists lists out there riding three abreast out into the middle of the road refusing to move for cars And let them pass so it does go both ways, same as some car drivers are just dicks.

Which one mate? The cae style skeleton shifter or the other less expensive one. I’ve done both and both are good. I’m happy to show you my car if you are considering mods as I’ve done a few including the intake if you would like to hear it

Never seen or heard of any of us riding three abreast, but two abreast is legal and encouraged by authorities. And no way should they pull over for a car to pass - sit and wait your turn to pass safely. We particularly ride two abreast on roads where it is not safe to pass to encourage drivers to not be dumb shits and squeeze pass. 

The cotter loop is a well known cycling route, car drivers should respect their space a little. It’s a big world out there. 

More importantly, it’s a public road - take it to a track if you want to drive in a dangerous mannnet.

My first small changes are an RS gear knob and matching RS logo mats. Knob is in (I didn’t even hit myself in the head taking out the original knob) and the mats are on order. I want a short shift kit and probably just a tune soon once I get the half dozen or so warranty jobs out of the way. I think (could be placebo) that the Solid gear knob has already made the shifting feel more positive. Loving the car but having driven one with a tune I’m craving the extra torque.

C07E17F1-5284-4223-B6F7-BFE5CE231701.jpeg

• Like 1