Bence

Bence

Hey Guys!

Just have a question that I am unsure about. 

So I am interested in buying a Clio R.S. 200, but I do not know to get a Sport or Cup. I will link both cars here, for you guys to see. 

Basically I do not know the difference between them, kW/t is the same, HP is the same, fuel consumption is the same, same amount of torque, and just about everything else. So I've established that perhaps the difference is not under the hood, but is it just like some interior stuff or no? Price is the same, and honestly I'm leaning towards the Sport purely because of the all-black aesthetic. Is that dumb?

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2015-renault-clio-r-s-200-sport-auto/SSE-AD-6615484/?Cr=4

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2015-renault-clio-r-s-200-cup-auto/OAG-AD-18777449/?Cr=0

Thanks all, and sorry for being dumb!

sport 17" wheels (silver)

cup 18" wheels (black), lower suspension

trophy 18" wheels, even lower suspension, 20 more HP

All the same motor/gearbox/running gear

34 minutes ago, Deet said:

sport 17" wheels (silver)

cup 18" wheels (black), lower suspension

trophy 18" wheels, even lower suspension, 20 more HP

All the same motor/gearbox/running gear

Which is better for a first car?

Also, in the engine part of the bio for both cars, they both have the same amount of HP. Did they make a mistake?

Cheers

17 minutes ago, Bence said:

Okay cool!

And so for a first car, which would be better? Or does it just come down to personal preference?

Thank you!

the Sport is nicer on rough roads, the Cup goes round fast corners better(maybe) but you feel ever bump in the road

I would NOT own either as a first car, I would not suggest either as a second car even

Edited by Deet

3 hours ago, Deet said:

the Sport is nicer on rough roads, the Cup goes round fast corners better(maybe) but you feel ever bump in the road

I would NOT own either as a first car, I would not suggest either as a second car even

Yeah...I am assuming the OP is a younger person considering the thread is about a first car purchase and I tend to agree. Get something with less power first up and if it must be a similar Renault buy one of the late model non turbo Clios and learn to drive the thing before graduating to an RS model.

They are P plate approved though....
Except the clio iv 220.
The Megane GT220 is also P plate approved.

The sport with 17" wheels will be cheaper to run with tyres for you.
You can put the money you save on tyres towards further driver training so you can use what you've purchased safely.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

18 hours ago, lachlan8 said:

First car? Clio 182 is best 😆

What he said.

Though I take it you would have an auto only licence which would take off most RS from your list.

I would do my homework on insurance for a (assumed) P plater. Compare the difference on the RS models and even a stock Clio. You may find some scary stuff. 
On VIC P plate approval, a 225 Cup is now legal but the 220 Clio isn’t, go figure.

On the two cars listed no to both, if your are to spend that sort of cash you may as well get one with all extras (leather seats & reverse camera)

Edited by 63x1092