Reunited at last

ALLEZ

Hi everyone

It's such a joyous occasion to be reunited with this supremely exciting and wonderful marque.

A long time ago, as a 19 year old I joined this forum as 'Swish' with a black Clio 182. I loved that car. It had a Miltek system, a bmc cda and focal speakers. It was so exciting.  Drive days, learning and camaraderie followed. The community was so good. 

Alas as time passed and the daily grind set in I sold the clio to a good friend who took on my forum account for a little while until the gearbox finished and the car went the way many old loved things do only you can't remember or fathom why.

Years passed along with a manual 645ci with an AC Schnitzer bodykit, 2 kids and a diesel 4wd.  I sold the BMW when child number 2/2 arrived. I don't miss it one bit. But I miss the clio. 

I yearned to reunite with the marque I had a passion for.  I had coveted a megane 3 rs for a long time but never found a car specced the way I wanted or could afford - facelift, recaros, oyster grey, low ks and well maintained.

Until I found it. And literally within a day bought it. And here she is. 2014 Oyster Grey RS 265 Cup Premium. Fresh from new belts at Alpine Affaire and a new engine mount from Virage.  60k on the clock.

The day I brought her home the Tom Tom stuck on 'loading map permanently after being reset You see? Day one and a little niggle. Perfect. This is love. Perfectly imperfect. Who cares,  I've consigned the sd card to the sin bin until further notice so I can enjoy the rs monitor. She's  bluetoothed to the phone and waiting until this Saturday to be registered.  

I am.so happy to be back.  In touch with the team at koya works about some little enhancements but I'm so so so thrilled to get into these recaros and drive.  An akrapovic system and koya works downpipe is on the wishlist.  Very keen to hear from anyone who's tried 245s with the 19s and/or 20mm spacers.  For now, the honeymoon has started. 

How can I describe it compared to the 182? It's spiritually the same, but pumped up like a supercar and the clio had a love child. At 33 I feel like I'm 18 again. 

Hope you enjoy. 20200127_155617.thumb.jpg.62daaf9f792e23c81bf6a7861ae30dd5.jpg

• Like 12

Welcome back mate! Great to see you here again. I'm still here and still in Clio... hope to join you in the Meg 3 family soon though!

• Like 1

Welcome. 
I’ve had five Renaultsports since 2011 - I guess I’m hooked too. 
I had 245/19s on my 8.08  - fitted perfect and I didn’t notice any loss in handling. You might want to double check how much clearance you’d have with spacers though.

Nice car!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, speedfiend41 said:

Welcome. 
I’ve had five Renaultsports since 2011 - I guess I’m hooked too. 
I had 245/19s on my 8.08  - fitted perfect and I didn’t notice any loss in handling. You might want to double check how much clearance you’d have with spacers though.

Nice car!

Thanks for the info mate. What did you fit? 

18 minutes ago, ALLEZ said:

Thanks everyone. Hey walkie! Still got the miltek? My memory is hazy. Maybe there's a search function. Pretty sure we did a miltek group buy. 

Three sleeps to go until she's registered. Bloody torture! 

At first I read, "still got the mullet?" and was a bit offended...

Haha you might be thinking of Teki. I had a custom exhaust on my first 182. Since then I've had a 172 track car, 197, 172 ph1x2, 200 EDC (wife's) and now I'm back into a 182 (sold my Bimmer due to house renovations!).

Keen to see what you do with the Megane :)

18 minutes ago, ALLEZ said:

Thanks for the info mate. What did you fit? 

Pilot Sport 4S. Brilliant tyres!

Edit: they actually went on my Trophy R. Whoops... I won a hill climb on them - fair recommendation I think. 🤔😁

Edited by speedfiend41
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, walkie86 said:

At first I read, "still got the mullet?" and was a bit offended...

Haha you might be thinking of Teki. I had a custom exhaust on my first 182. Since then I've had a 172 track car, 197, 172 ph1x2, 200 EDC (wife's) and now I'm back into a 182 (sold my Bimmer due to house renovations!).

Keen to see what you do with the Megane :)

Haha fair enough! Well let's just say I've been in touch with koya works and otherwise trying to figure out where I can find an akrapovic system that isn't 5k to get from k-tec.  

What a sweet lineup you've had! At some point there'll have to be a proper catch up!

• Like 1