RS 250 trophee

mrdonni

Hi, I'm looking at buying my first megane rs. I've found one on carsales that I plan on inspecting: Check out this 2011 Renault Megane R.S. 250 Cup Trophee Manual.
https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2011-Renault-Megane-RS-250-Cup-Trophee-Manual/SSE-AD-6131913

Couple of things, I noticed it has an after market boost gauge near the A pillar. Is this normal for RS owners? I feel like it might be a big red flag.

Also is there anything else I should be looking out for, I.e timing belt etc?

Many thanks

No an aftermarket boost gauge is not normal as that car should already have a boost gauge in the rs monitor already. I don't think it should be a deal breaker though as long as it has its service up to date and books to prove it. 

If you want, you can ask the owner to get it inspected by your chosen mechanic to get it looked over thoroughly (obviously you pay for it). 

These cars are generally 'bulletproof' mechanically.

Good luck with car shopping

My 250 has done 50% more distance than that car, and quite possibly way more track days - so I can vouch for their reliability.

Buy it !

On 29/11/2019 at 9:55 PM, mrdonni said:

Any website suggestions for buying OEM parts? 

Send a message to 'Sdubs' on the forums, he sources OEM parts for a lot of people here

Edited by OldPacStig
Typo