"Why did you even buy this?" a panel beater once asked me (!)

RogerHD

Hi all.

Great to be here! 

I finally bought a Clio 172 Sport after regretting not buying one 10 years ago! It's awesome.

Wondering too if anyone knows a panel beater who'll do a few small jobs. E.g. I'd like a dent in my door repaired plus rear bumper resprayed. I went to a guy this morning and had an experience I've had a few times with other beloved "old" cars that I've previously owned. The guy takes one look and says "It's not worth repairing this. But if you insist I'll have to respray the whole vehicle, for 8-10k." Hahaha. What?! I'm over panel beaters just not getting it and telling me my cars (which I'm attached too, thanks!) "aren't worth it." One guy, some years ago (for a different car), after I asked him if he could respray the roof, said "Why did you even buy this." Classic. 

So does anyone know a panel beater who's OK with small jobs and understands that one person's "trash" is another's treasure. I'm around Northern Beaches, Sydney.

Thanks!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Welcome mate! Hopefully someone will be along with some local recommendations for you. @Matt205 might be able to help!

I'm on the NB too so I'll keep an eye out!

Hey, I'm a local too.

Keiren at DentFree Auto in the Mall carpark does amazing PDR work and I've used Mick Vescio on Winbourne Ave for panel beating. He fell in love with my car and treated it very well [emoji6]

On 01/03/2019 at 9:05 AM, RogerHD said:

Hi all.

Great to be here! 

I finally bought a Clio 172 Sport after regretting not buying one 10 years ago! It's awesome.

Wondering too if anyone knows a panel beater who'll do a few small jobs. E.g. I'd like a dent in my door repaired plus rear bumper resprayed. I went to a guy this morning and had an experience I've had a few times with other beloved "old" cars that I've previously owned. The guy takes one look and says "It's not worth repairing this. But if you insist I'll have to respray the whole vehicle, for 8-10k." Hahaha. What?! I'm over panel beaters just not getting it and telling me my cars (which I'm attached too, thanks!) "aren't worth it." One guy, some years ago (for a different car), after I asked him if he could respray the roof, said "Why did you even buy this." Classic. 

So does anyone know a panel beater who's OK with small jobs and understands that one person's "trash" is another's treasure. I'm around Northern Beaches, Sydney.

Thanks!

Go along Garden Street Narrabeen.. You'll find someone along there willing do to what your after..

• Thanks 1