I've been lurking for too long in this forum...

abe

...I feel like i know you all!

I bought a 182 Cup about 5 months ago from RD and i still grin like a kid when i stretch it's legs... I can happily put up with the little Renault-isms because this car is all about driver enjoyment when pushed rewards like nothing i've driven. I'm sue you've all seen this but these lads epitomise the fun to be had in a cup:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3905833701476127988&q=clio+182

Thanks all for contributing to this forum - I got up to speed very quickly on Renault in OZ thanks to the advice you've all lent here and every conceivable issue has an informed view. The occaisional flame is always entertaining as well... and big thanks to Jeffster for indoctrinating me in the weekend run culture...

See you at the wheel!

glad to see you've decided to say hi! welcome!

where abouts are you & what colour is your cup?!

Have fun,

Alex

Welcome abe!

Seems we have alot of lurks on the forum! Either way, welcome!

Argh, RD aye? So, that would mean you purchased yours a little before I got mine. What colour did you go with?

Once again welcome - and nice find with that video... or is that you driving?!

Cheers,

Steven

Welcome Abe,

All i can say about the vid is :shock::shock::shock: ......unbelievable........i never knew the clio was such a mean beast, until the other day driving throught the natio, and now your vid.......just awesome.............your bloody like George (clioblue), insane, overtaking motorbikes :shock::lol: .......anywaywelcome aboard mate, and by the sounds of things your passenger seemed pretty impressed :P

Sadly i live in Sydney and dont have the Nurburgring as my weekend playground - i have to put up with the nasho!! I found the vid on google and thought it related the fun that can be had in a clio nicely...

Teki - I bought a black cup just after you bounght yours - i think i actually test drove yours... I've had no problems with mine so far but haven't had it serviced yet. Think i may take it to Waitara judging by all the bad experiences people have had with RD...

ClioF1 - yeah that was a good day. Was there again last saturday with a mate driving a boxster S... he ended up blaming his inadequate knowledge of the roads for repeatedly slipping off my tail...

Nice!

We have another Syndey sider in our midst :hyper::hyper: ................hope to catch ya soon :wink:

Oh and how did you find out about this site?

Also were you in Ryde a few days back and parked on the side of the street near the RTA.............if it was you, did you manage to see my megane in the driveway :)

Cheers,

Brendan

Teki - I bought a black cup just after you bounght yours - i think i actually test drove yours... I've had no problems with mine so far but haven't had it serviced yet. Think i may take it to Waitara judging by all the bad experiences people have had with RD...

Argh! Makes sense! I'm not sure if you drove mine though - could have been! I remember John was telling me he had a black 182 Cup, which he could sell to me for $34,000, as the colour was harder to sell :roll:

About 2 weeks after I had mine, they had another French Racing Blue 182 Cup out the back with all the covers etc still on it. So I guess he bulled about mine being the last French Racing Blue he could get!

Either way, congrats on your purchase! Haha, I'm sure you gave the Boxster S a run for it's money... happens quite often as the Clio is easy to extract all it's potential through the corners!

Welcome once again - How did you find out about us?

Cheers,

Steven

I've known Jeffster for a bit - he started it all when he took me for a spin one night in his new car, and he pointed me here...

Teki - yeah i test drove a FRB cup that was inside the showroom when i started reading the forum and then you bought one and i went back there and it was gone so i just figured it was yours. The black one i bought was out the back... Yeah the boxster couldn't get through the corners as well - no way... i have another mate in an S3 who's keen to match up some time...

Brendan - not me in Ryde. I would have remembered seeing a 225...

I've known Jeffster for a bit - he started it all when he took me for a spin one night in his new car, and he pointed me here...

Teki - yeah i test drove a FRB cup that was inside the showroom when i started reading the forum and then you bought one and i went back there and it was gone so i just figured it was yours. The black one i bought was out the back... Yeah the boxster couldn't get through the corners as well - no way... i have another mate in an S3 who's keen to match up some time...

Oh ok fair enough - seems Jeff knew a few people with 182 Cups before joining the forum!

Yea, it was probably mine as I picked it up with 50kms on it! Yea, he did tell me about a black one... but I was after a loud colour :twisted:

Nice - I like the S3s, and wouldn't mind seeing it out on the road one day! I just love hot hatches in general...

Brendan - not me in Ryde. I would have remembered seeing a 225...

Hey mate glad to see you posted, next time your going through with the Boxster or the S3 drop me a line. Ihae found away to mount the vido camera in the car and might be cool to get some more chase footage.

Would of love to see your mate try to waffle his way out of his under perfrmance :P

Let's catch up soon