Hi from Sydney

dank

hey everyone,

I am the proud owner of a racing blue 182 Cup F1 w/o the stripes (from a private sale); I thought I'd drop in and say hi to you all.

I had just learnt to drive manual before I bought this car so:

1) if you see me concentrating very hard and not notice you waving, I am not being rude; I am probably just doing my best to preserve the clutch/gearbox/engine :)

2) please leave a big gap if you are behind me going up a slope... and turn on air recirculation, heh heh heh.

I am practicing a fair bit though, so I hope to see you lot on a cruise sometime soon!

Daniel

Hey Daniel

As mentioned in another thread - practice your skills on the 28th and come to the Liverpool KK meet!

As for the car - congrats again! Lucky bugger to be in an F1!

I'm sure I will spot it some day in the inner west....

Oh, and I'll make sure I leave a massive gap behind you - but most importantly if I'm in front... I'm taking off at full throttle! Could just imagine you dropping the clutch at 4,000rpm :P

Welcome,

And see you soon!

What was your previous ride?

Hi Daniel and welcome to ozRS!

First of all congrats on the new buy, and secondly practice makes perfect :wink::mrgreen:

Look forward to seeing your ride soon, hopefully on KK run this month!

Anyways, good luck with driving - when i first learnt to drive manual i was really scared when the car rolled back, but afterwards you just get used to

it! :mrgreen:

Have a good one,

Brendan

Hey Daniel

As mentioned in another thread - practice your skills on the 28th and come to the Liverpool KK meet!

As for the car - congrats again! Lucky bugger to be in an F1!

I'm sure I will spot it some day in the inner west....

Oh, and I'll make sure I leave a massive gap behind you - but most importantly if I'm in front... I'm taking off at full throttle! Could just imagine you dropping the clutch at 4,000rpm :P

Welcome,

And see you soon!

What was your previous ride?

well, it was implied that you guys would be leaving big gaps if ever you're in front of me...

I won't be going to the KK meet because 1) Liverpool is a bit far for a Wed night, given I work and live close to the coast and 2) I have to have an early night cos I jog on Thurs mornings.

My prev car was a 1991 Ford Corsair, which we managed to sell for $500 after I got the Clio :)

Hi Daniel and welcome to ozRS!

First of all congrats on the new buy, and secondly practice makes perfect :wink::mrgreen:

Look forward to seeing your ride soon, hopefully on KK run this month!

Anyways, good luck with driving - when i first learnt to drive manual i was really scared when the car rolled back, but afterwards you just get used to

it! :mrgreen:

Have a good one,

Brendan

Thanks mate, will keep on practicing (am stalling less and less now everytime I drive).

Hopefully will see you guys sometime soon.. most prob a weekend

Aww, pity you can't make KK run :( , would have been a nice trip to practice your gear changing :D

Anyways good to see your improving (stalling is the most embarrasing thing, specially when you have a sports car, first time i drove the megane home from

the dealers, i couldn't find reverse, and stalled it two times :shock:). But as soon as you get used to the clutch then all is ok! Good luck!

Brendan,

P.S how did you find this site?

Aww, pity you can't make KK run :( , would have been a nice trip to practice your gear changing :D

Anyways good to see your improving (stalling is the most embarrasing thing, specially when you have a sports car, first time i drove the megane home from

the dealers, i couldn't find reverse, and stalled it two times :shock:). But as soon as you get used to the clutch then all is ok! Good luck!

Brendan,

P.S how did you find this site?

I came across this site when I did a google search for "german PVC whips"...

it might have come up through a search for "clio 182 forum" or something like that

heheh, the good thing about this car is it's a little Clio so there is a lot less pressure to "perform" than if I had, say, a WRX

am definitely having lots of fun though, which is the main thing!

cheers

dank you didnt pick the easiest car to learn manual in, but by the time you have perfected it you will realise why your car is one of the most rewarding and fun cars to drive on the road!!! Goodluck, and congrats on the purchase!

thanks mate!

I think it will take me a while to perfect driviing it, but I am sure having a heck of a time learning about and playing with it; it's (as claimed on Top Gear) like a curious little puppy!

I'd imagine it'd be a lot more fun to drive it in Canberra, away from Sydney traffic.. I will go down sometime soon so maybe I will see you + the others on the road :) what do you drive?

Yeah were lucky down here in Canberra to be blessed with plenty of good roads, and minimal traffic compared to sydney!

I drive a monaco blue 172..Ill be looking out for ya..always on the lookout for more clios, theres not too many in Canberra..

I saw a black 182 Cup at Rhodes in Sydney yesterday with a Canberra numberplate! Maybe they've all migrated??