New battery for key

lincoln_blitz

Is it the lower half that seperates (part with key extruding) or top part with button that slides off.

The dang thing seems stuck!

(swears repeatedly)

It does slide apart and you end up with two halves. One with the key attached and the other with the button and battery on it. As stated take the key off any keyring. Slide it and the mini dovetail joins will come apart. There is a rubbery seal to stop the moisture getting in.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Sorry for the 'NOOb' question. Where can i get a new battery from and how much will it be?

My battery in my key went a few weeks ago and ever sinse i've been using the spare

until this morning when the spare key's battery also decided to crap it's pants and now i'm

left with no key :( Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Sorry for the 'NOOb' question. Where can i get a new battery from and how much will it be?

My battery in my key went a few weeks ago and ever sinse i've been using the spare

until this morning when the spare key's battery also decided to crap it's pants and now i'm

left with no key :( Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Any watch battery place would be able to provide the correct battery.

Adding the following information :

The battery for the Pilp of a 172 Mark II (can't assume they are all the same ?)

Panasonic "CR1220" (3V)

Its the identical battery for the 182 plip as well, just looked at mine out of interest.

:D

• 1 year later...

I'm having serious issues trying to slide the cover of to replace batteries (for both keys)... what am I doing wrong? One key moves slightly but cant get it to come of. The other one's like it superglued...

with the key on a table standing up which side should I be pressing on to make it slide off??

thanks