First Time Renault Owner - Rs265 8:08 Ly

contrabandit

Hi everybody,

Very proud new owner of LY 8:08 build  #39. Went and saw it today and put down the deposit.

So stoked! I'm very much a green horn when it comes to forums so I'm still figuring out how it all works.

Will have to post some pics soon! Seems like such a welcoming forum, will def be involved a lot!!

• Like 4

Welcome and very nice choice. Such amazing value too for the performance and handling available.

Plus 1 Chuck's suggestion about drive days. Great way to meet other forum members and enjoy these awesome cars. Fantastic colour choice too the LY!!

Big welcome ! And a fantastic choice

Rules here - have fun . Create havoc . Go to drives . NO talk of T@yotas . Oh and pics or it's not true

• Like 1

Great to see another proud new owner on here! Have had my 250 Trophy for a week now so know that new RenaultSport feeling rather well :) Hope to see you at a meet up soon!

• Like 1

Thanks all, I will be picking her up this Thursday. Will post some photos then!

PS - are there any unwritten rules when on the forum?

Lots of rules, but most important is not to mention the word Toy@t@...   :news:

Some on the forum have made a connection between Lotus and Toy@t@, while others have not.  Provides endless entertainment to those of us that are easily amused...

Second most important is that all updates on your vehicle must be accompanied by pictures, because we all can never get enough pictures of RS cars.  Failure to do this may result in the mods sin binning you for a week, because we are VERY serious about our pictures of RS cars..  :mrgreen:  (I am joking here of course, but did I mention we like pictures of RS cars...)

Third rule is if you want to make wildly, crazy and outlandish off beat posts with your own blend of wisdom that only Mensa candidates can understand (as the rest of us are just not that bright), we have a thread especially for that, which is pretty much dominated by the member that it is named in honour of...  I'm sure you will find it?  :clown:   If not, Wade will certainly help get you acquainted with the thread...

You can see I am just joking, of course... 

The forum is a very friendly bunch of folks that are willing and happy to help out (in both the virtual world and in real life) and offer advice and assistance on lots of fronts, and it's a very good place to be part of.  :nod:

Enjoy the forum and your new car. Very nice choice..

The final unwritten rule (I didn't actually realise there were so many until I started listing them out for you) is that at some point you will need to also buy a Clio.. Sorry, but you just will, so best start preparing for that reality now I say...  :popcorn:

• Like 7

What about the Megane guys don't talk the the Clio guys? [emoji13]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have never experienced this...  Maybe because I am a collaborator with a little foot in both camps...  :news:

Have never experienced this... Maybe because I am a collaborator with a little foot in both camps... :news:

Me neither, I have read posts asking if Clios can attend a Megane majority drive day.

I mean they are people too, apparently [emoji13]

Me neither, I have read posts asking if Clios can attend a Megane majority drive day.

I mean they are people too, apparently [emoji13]

If you fly that close to the flame you risk a flaming... ????

• Like 1

Posts concerning fuel consumption, tyre wear and squealing brakes are a favourite among Meg III owners. Don't be one of them [emoji6]

Otherwise, welcome and enjoy!

Oh yeah, and this...  Deb is a Mod able to dish out the aforementioned sin-binning...  :news:

Posts concerning fuel consumption, tyre wear and squealing brakes are a favourite among Meg III owners. Don't be one of them

...and how the stereo sounds crap...oh wait...that goes for Clio owners too... :shock:

• Like 1

Debs right - too many soft Meggy owners  on about the things that don't matter .

As Series 1 Elise owners [ no aircon , no electric windows , no power anything , no cup holders , no carpet ]  say to Series 3 Elise owners [ aircon , power windows , easy fit roof , cup holder and carpet ]........ '' get the roof off , drive hard and harden the eff up '' . it's quite a fun barrage of ribbing between the two , with S1 owners totally out numbered

Edited by rob 240

Debs right - too many soft Meggy owners  on about the things that don't matter .

As Series 1 Elise owners [ no aircon , no electric windows , no power anything , no cup holders , no carpet ]  say to Series 3 Elise owners [ aircon , power windows , easy fit roof , cup holder and carpet ]........ '' get the roof off , drive hard and harden the eff up '' . it's quite a fun barrage of ribbing between the two , with S1 owners totally out numbered

Yep, that's the difference between Hardcore and.. well... not,,,  :roll:

Debs right - too many soft Meggy owners on about the things that don't matter .

As Series 1 Elise owners [ no aircon , no electric windows , no power anything , no cup holders , no carpet ] say to Series 3 Elise owners [ aircon , power windows , easy fit roof , cup holder and carpet ]........ '' get the roof off , drive hard and harden the eff up '' . it's quite a fun barrage of ribbing between the two , with S1 owners totally out numbered

Reminds me of The Monty Python sketch (https://youtu.be/FatHLHG2uGY) about how easy things are today, along the lines ....'back in my day you were lucky to have wheels' (not part of it, but you get the drift). ☺

Luxury...

Who else here think Lunar Gray is an awesome colour for the Meg?? Liquid Yellow is wonderful too.

I'm probably biased, but I have yet to see one that doesn't look good.  Renault have created an awesome shape, finished it off with interesting details, packed it with superb performance and handling, and selected colours that all look good (to me anyway).  Even in white, the shape works and they look good, especially pearl white.  Shape works well with the dark colours they have chosen too, right up to all black.

But, yes, Lunar Grey creates a special sensation too, as does the Liquid Yellow.  All fantastic!

I wonder how it would go with Alien Green...  :mrgreen:

• Like 1