New Rs200Cup Owner

Reddyboy

Maybe should've said updated but it was starting to go wrong. The 225 was awesome fun and looked great though. Really wish i had gone for the premium but i got a demo with the black pack on white. I don't think i couldve stretched to a brand new premium. 

I think you must have bought the one I had on my shortlist. Was listed for about $30,900.

Good buy mate - enjoy.

Got it at kippa ring. Went in to get the airbag light looked at on my old 225 and ended up going home it the new one haha  :sicko:. Now i tell people they charged me $31,000 for a new wiring loom. 

Got it at kippa ring. Went in to get the airbag light looked at on my old 225 and ended up going home it the new one haha  :sicko:. Now i tell people they charged me $31,000 for a new wiring loom. 

Great story.  $31k loom and a free car... awesome...  :mrgreen:

We just bought the Clio Cup White with Blackpack too. To go with our 275 Cup Premium Megane. My wife suggested the Clio when she saw the colour combo. Nice looking car.

• Like 1

We just bought the Clio Cup White with Blackpack too. To go with our 275 Cup Premium Megane. My wife suggested the Clio when she saw the colour combo. Nice looking car.

Love it! We went the other way. SWMBO had the Clio Cup Trophy so I thought a Trophy R would look good beside it. I was right.... :)

She agrees..... Phew....

• Like 1

Hey guys new here. Just bought an RS200 Cup EDC. Upgraded my old 225 cup. I'm wondering if anyone has a way to get the r-link system onto the standard media centre?

Any pics mate??

Any pics mate??

I've put some in my album with my old 225 as well. I have to take a few decent photos yet. The driveway at work puts me on three wheels so i want a photo of that!  :yes:

IMAG0152

IMAG0141

Took her up mt mee on sunday was a bit wet but still a great drive, until i made the mistake of going D'Aguilar Highway back to the bruce... major roadworks going on. Should've just gone back the way i came but hadn't had a decent freeway run in it either. 

• Like 1

So i've had it for two weeks now. I got it with just over 1000kms on it. Its getting close to 2000 now and i'm starting to hear the crackles on the overrun i've read about. Only once or twice so far but it gives me hope!  :nod: I was getting worried mine wouldn't do it.

Did you guys notice they came on after things started loosening up? I still struggle to hear the exhaust especially with that pipe into the dash. Sometimes changing down i hear the engine rev (not the best sounding engine) and nothing from the exhaust, but as it's still newish i'm not too worried at this stage. 

Keen to meet other drivers around brisbane who are up for group drives. I'm kicking myself for missing the lakeside drive on sunday.  :furious:  :sicko:

Craig

Glad you are enjoying it.   :D They are fun.  Dropping the rear seats gets a bit more noise in the cabin as well, which helps.  Or you can crank up the synthetic noise generator in the R Link system, and turn it into a Group B rally car...  For your ears at least...  :headbang:

Definitely worth keeping an eye on the social thread for runs and drive days.  Hasn't been too much action there of late (apologies everyone...) but hopefully that will change and become more regularly in future.  Certainly a few more RS drivers in Bris looking to get together for drives, so that's a good plan.

So i've had it for two weeks now. I got it with just over 1000kms on it. Its getting close to 2000 now and i'm starting to hear the crackles on the overrun i've read about. Only once or twice so far but it gives me hope!  :nod: I was getting worried mine wouldn't do it.

Did you guys notice they came on after things started loosening up? I still struggle to hear the exhaust especially with that pipe into the dash. Sometimes changing down i hear the engine rev (not the best sounding engine) and nothing from the exhaust, but as it's still newish i'm not too worried at this stage. 

Keen to meet other drivers around brisbane who are up for group drives. I'm kicking myself for missing the lakeside drive on sunday.  :furious:  :sicko:

Craig

Ours has plenty of crackle and pop now but mainly on down changing gears. There is a sweet spot it seems down changing around 2000 rpm where we get the most notes. Started coming in well after a few hundred ks. Our 275 took about 1000 before the notes started getting more regular. Now it crackles constantly. Down changes is where most of the note is at in my experience.

Sort of handy that the best sound is down changing and when cruising as it suits the city streets we drive it in.

It's still only very occasionally in mine but i crack a big smile when i hear it. hopefully another few hundred kays and it'll popping and farting along lol. 

I'm getting worried about the gearbox though. It's suddenly become very jerky in low gears at low speeds, especially when it coldish. it seems to build the revs then slam the gear home like just stepping off the clutch in a manual. It's definitely worse than when i got it and is really bad occasionally. Has anyone else had the same problem?

It's still only very occasionally in mine but i crack a big smile when i hear it. hopefully another few hundred kays and it'll popping and farting along lol.

I'm getting worried about the gearbox though. It's suddenly become very jerky in low gears at low speeds, especially when it coldish. it seems to build the revs then slam the gear home like just stepping off the clutch in a manual. It's definitely worse than when i got it and is really bad occasionally. Has anyone else had the same problem?

Replace the centre resonator with a straight pipe for more farty goodness.
  • Like 1

I find auto sport mode is jerky and seldom use it because of that fact. I either use normal mode in auto for cruising about town or race mode in manual (paddles). Using the paddles is where I get all the crackles too as down changes can be done at the right time.

I have also experienced this. I mainly drive mine in manual sport mode, and it seems to get worse after a few days of cruising around town and not really being up it.

After a enthusiastic drive through the hills it tends to go back to normal.

Im picking up Sport premium next week unfortunately not a cup or trophy but,,,whats included in the black pack?

• Like 1

Hey guys new here. Just bought an RS200 Cup EDC. Upgraded my old 225 cup. I'm wondering if anyone has a way to get the r-link system onto the standard media centre?

R-link is the full telemetry only offered in cup & trophy right? i noticed not even a boost gauge in the standard sport...bit disappointing.

Im picking up Sport premium next week unfortunately not a cup or trophy but,,,whats included in the black pack?

As far as i know: the front bar, the diffuser and the side stripe things are all gloss black instead of grey.

R-link is the full telemetry only offered in cup & trophy right? i noticed not even a boost gauge in the standard sport...bit disappointing.

The R-link is only on the premium versions of the sport and cup. I just went the standard version of the cup. The only difference between the standard sport and standard cup is the chassis im pretty sure. Then the premium pack adds all the fancy stuff to either chassis. 

Rusty: I spend most of my time in manual sport too. You're right i've given it a fang and it does get better. I kinda like that it sulks when you're not up it  :mrgreen:

• Like 2

• 8 months later...

So I'm up for my 10,000 service next week but I thought I'd share some pics of the vinyl I had done. I've stolen someones idea on the front bar but as far as I can tell no one has done their roof like this... Feel free to correct me haha... I kinda like it. 

20161228 135617 NP

20161228 135635 NP

20161228 135628 NP

Then i found out about the spoiler recall... so hopefully i didn't waste money on that  :44:

• Like 1