Buying Second Hand Renault Clio Sport 2002?

doobran

Do it.  You can never have too many RS cars...  You need to have at least 2 Clios at any given time (apparently), and then you even up the score with  Meg or two.

Some strange folks even branch out into Scenics, turning them into soccer Mum cars from hell. Legendary.

Then when you get completely bored with all that frivolity, apparently you then start taking rear seats out (unless you selected the right Meg to start with of course...) lol...

and convert the Clio into a track weapon.  Boredom cured.  Surplus cash problem also cured...  :yes: It has been known that they go rather well (ahem... :roll: ) with a turbo strapped onto them...  especially if said turbo happens to be strapped onto a Meg mill..

Enjoy.

Don't say you weren't warned...   :mrgreen:

That should help to make the wait for the new Clio go by quickly..

• Like 2

Pickles Auctions has one coming up in NSW.

This is not the right time to wonder if I should pick up a Clio again 3 months after selling the last Clio...

link for those interested: http://www.pickles.com.au/cars/item/-/details/CP-03-03--Built-01-03--Renault--Clio--X65-Phase-2-Sport--Hatchback--5-Seats--3-Doors/103359641

This is not the right time to wonder if I should pick up a Clio again 3 months after selling the last Clio...

link for those interested: http://www.pickles.com.au/cars/item/-/details/CP-03-03--Built-01-03--Renault--Clio--X65-Phase-2-Sport--Hatchback--5-Seats--3-Doors/103359641

This is me right now :rofl:

Sorry :mrgreen:

Do it. You can never have too many RS cars... You need to have at least 2 Clios at any given time (apparently), and then you even up the score with Meg or two.

Some strange folks even branch out into Scenics, turning them into soccer Mum cars from hell. Legendary.

Then when you get completely bored with all that frivolity, apparently you then start taking rear seats out (unless you selected the right Meg to start with of course...) lol...

and convert the Clio into a track weapon. Boredom cured. Surplus cash problem also cured... :yes: It has been known that they go rather well (ahem... :roll: ) with a turbo strapped onto them... especially if said turbo happens to be strapped onto a Meg mill..

Enjoy.

Don't say you weren't warned... :mrgreen:

That should help to make the wait for the new Clio go by quickly..

+ 1

All the power to the people with the necessary time and dollars for this stuff. ☺ Anything that adds to human knowledge in the world has got to be a good thing. Ok? ????

Yeah it is. I'm pretty sure... :)

Anything that adds to human knowledge in the world has got to be a good thing. Ok? ????

Yes....

Sounds & looks fine provided the timing belts have been done in the last 4 years/60,000km, and they have receipts for it. Steering wheel probably needs work given it has a cover on it, but it might be OK underneath.

I asked that question from the buyer a while ago..

Response:

"Timing belt done at 92000km in dec 2009"

so 6 years and 67k kms ago

Having said that, I don't want this car to sell for ages so I can lowball get it in the new year.

Edited by TTT

I asked that question from the buyer a while ago..

Response:

"Timing belt done at 92000km in dec 2009"

so 6 years and 67k kms ago

Having said that, I don't want this car to sell for ages so I can lowball get it in the new year.

[emoji33] ... Here's hoping it lasts, in all senses of the word.

I went out and saw the pickles car on Saturday. It was immaculate - probably the best condition I've seen. Only issues were a very slight mark on the passenger door from another door opening on it, and the a/c didn't work. Timing belt was done 10/12 so a year left, but only 10k since. The leather on the seats was still even bumpy!

It went for $4600, plus $560 pickles fee. $5160 for the best condition original Clio I've seen was a good deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk