Hello,

BrianH

Hello to all,

My name is Brian, I live in Romsey Victoria and have had my new Clio RS200 Cup (liquid yellow) for a month now. Drove it to Adelaide the day I got it and now have almost 5k on the clock.

I just can't stop smiling when I drive it! I am a little bit outside the demographic, being almost 70 years young.

I have my beloved Alfa Spider in the shed at home and I rate the Clio as being an equal in handling and certainly sounds as nice as well.

I recently bought a new Koleos Bose for my daughter and I have a great respect for Renault.

Very happy to have found this site.

Brian.

Don't worry about the age, I am 72 and bought a Sport model RS200 last October.  I have had an MG, Charger 770, Toyota MR2, Mazda MX5 & many 'family' cars over the last 55 years of driving but this little Renault is probably the best bang for buck that I have ever owned.

Puts a smile on my face every time I take it out for a 'squirt' plus it serves as a great shopper for the wife.    :hyper:

Hello to all,

My name is Brian, I live in Romsey Victoria and have had my new Clio RS200 Cup (liquid yellow) for a month now. Drove it to Adelaide the day I got it and now have almost 5k on the clock.

I just can't stop smiling when I drive it! I am a little bit outside the demographic, being almost 70 years young.

I have my beloved Alfa Spider in the shed at home and I rate the Clio as being an equal in handling and certainly sounds as nice as well.

I recently bought a new Koleos Bose for my daughter and I have a great respect for Renault.

Brian.

Welcome! It's great to hear you're enjoying the car and that you're in my age group. I was begining to think I was the only member approaching 70. We might be able to get together with chris043 (and others that qualify) and start an over 65 thread so we can talk about things 'these young uns' dont understand. :) Seriously though, in my experience, the forum members (both young and old) are a great group of people. They are willing to share their knowledge and experience with these great cars. If you want to up the fun factor of your driving I recommend you get involved with the organised track days that are run. I have done 4 over the last 8 to 9 months and have enjoyed the sharing, with others, of cars and driving. It also helps re-focus on the skills that may have lapsed over years of driving mundane cars.

With my RS265 I'm like you, always manage to get a smile every time I drive it. Happy RS ing!

I am so glad I read this thread......I feel like a youngster again   :)

Amazing to see the wide demographic the brand attracts, I think it's fantastic.

Welcome Brian, hope you enjoy the car and forum, it's definitely the most useful, informative and civilised I have been involved with!

And the Charger 770 (chris043)......brings back some fond memories! 

Edited by xeno182

I am so glad I read this thread......I feel like a youngster again   :)

Amazing to see the wide demographic the brand attracts, I think it's fantastic.

Welcome Brian, hope you enjoy the car and forum, it's definitely the most useful, informative and civilised I have been involved with!

And the Charger 770 (chris043)......brings back some fond memories! 

Yeah.....I bought the Charger brand new in 1972 for around $4,500.   It was auto (full chrome floor shift) with purple duco and white leather/vinyl seats & s/s alloy wheels with hemi 265 engine from memory.

The only thing it lacked was the row of white pom poms at the top of the rear screen... :mrgreen: 

Ah, the memories.....wish I still had it as it would be worth a small fortune now..... :44: 

^^^ Yes, the first car I ever drove was my brother's beaten up VJ, 3 on the floor plain jane model. 770 was the 'luxury' model.

Would love an RT/ 6 pack, as you say these are now probably worth double the value of my RS265 I would think!

Edited by xeno182
  • Like 1

Hello to all,

Brian.

Awesome that you are enjoying the car. Age is no barrier :)