G'day from Perth!

Bertie

G'day from Perth!

Hi guys been looking for a little hot hatch (mainly to drive around instead of my VW transporter in the city) for a few weeks and stumbled onto the renault sport band wagon. Hoping to do a few race events like the McCrae sprint series in it.

I've found a nice 2004 megane sport 225 and also a 2007 R26 F1, with the same kms but am trying to understand if the R26 is worth the extra $7K.

i gather power is similar and with a chip the power should be about the same. But is the improvement and the handling and the LSD in the F1 worth it???

I am yet to drive one to be honest. My heart says R26 but my gf and wallet say RS225 unless i get a magical christmas bonus :rofl:

Its doing my head in.

Please help!!!!

Cheers

Alex

The overriding consideration is service history and condition.

BUT,

If you NEED four doors, get the 225. Otherwise the R26 is the one to have. The LSD makes a lot of difference. And the earlier non Cup 225's were apparently a pretty remote drive compared to the later 225's and the R26.

Alex,

you might want to try the "Paul Blank" events or the RAC sprint series before you jump into the McCrae sprint series , unless you are a seasoned racer already.

Come along to one of the French & Fantastic club meetings and meet a bunch of like minded individuals.

Hey JDB,

thanks for the ideas. I navigate in the WA rally clubman cup, and have done a few seasons in the WARC. I think the RAC sprint series was also on the cards. I haven't done any competition driving since 2007. Just gotta ease back into it.

Thanks for the recommendations gang. we will see what happens soon!