Ranks and labels

storms_of_fate

mmm, can I just say I personally don't find having little ranks very encouraging. Post counts are enough already if it is to judge how much someone has contributed. But then again it could be loads of crap like yours truly for eg.

But little tags labeling people isn't my idea of seperating the new and old, and everyone else in between. It's just a bit...

ahhh. never mind I'd rather not.

I hear where you are coming from Karlos, but the intention is not to separate the users, but to have a laugh (hence the french) at the juniors and the veterans of the site.. they are more likely to have some experience to help out..

anyone else agree with karlos?

Tres bien... well, yew see that et iz verghy ezee now to see 'oo 'as been able to spend more time on ze - 'ow yew say? - Internaute... oui oui... Et iz not a matteur of 'ow many posts... et iz more a matteur of qualitee mon ami.

Garcon, pazz me onother Fronch steek! Merci becoup!

Just sounds like Karlos is trying to up his post count if you ask me :wink::lol:

I've got you to beat don't I? :D

Maybe for fun we could use like use series names... F-Renault, Clio Cup, Megane Cup, Group N, F1? hmmm maybe I'm getting carried away there.

:lol: Well you're beating me in mods, now it's just posts 8)

Just sounds like Karlos is trying to up his post count if you ask me :wink::lol:

I've got you to beat don't I? :D

Maybe for fun we could use like use series names... F-Renault, Clio Cup, Megane Cup, Group N, F1? hmmm maybe I'm getting carried away there.

:lol: Well you're beating me in mods, now it's just posts 8)

Just, all you have to do is pull out that credit card and I'm game over! :wink:

Maybe it should be judged on time of membership. Someone could hav joined a few months back & talked sh*t the whole time & is now considered a veteran where as an older member is still a regular etc etc

Good idea but then you get the opposite problem - joined two years ago, posted once :roll: . Don't know if you could set up a sort on both. But then we'd need a garbage post filter as well :twisted: . But then I'd be back to a junior :wink:

Maybe it should be judged on time of membership. Someone could hav joined a few months back & talked sh*t the whole time & is now considered a veteran where as an older member is still a regular etc etc

Good idea but then you get the opposite problem - joined two years ago, posted once :roll: . Don't know if you could set up a sort on both. But then we'd need a garbage post filter as well :twisted: . But then I'd be back to a junior :wink:

:lol: Then my post count would go into the negatives!! :shock:

Just an idea - With another Forum i previously used, there is this "Donating Member..." underneath a person's name that HAS donated $$$ to the Forum

This would separate the tight a***s... haha

Steady on :roll: - thinks he can start throwing his weight around now that he's finally bought one :mrgreen:

I'm not one for distinguishing the generous from the tight a***s. As long as the site costs are covered I'm pretty happy. I think that Deb's idea at the last Sydney Drive Day was great - everyone tipped $20 in for lunch and the change left over went to the site. This amounted to about $80. Much appreciated.

Just an idea - With another Forum i previously used, there is this "Donating Member..." underneath a person's name that HAS donated $$$ to the Forum

This would separate the tight a***s... haha

Hell yeah, I've taken a steak in the mouth for this site :mrgreen:

and taken an entire case of beer to cut my sticker so it said what its supposed to

I deserve the recognition

:twisted:

Dave