Hi all!!!

Tonba

Howdy everyone!!

My name is Alex, and I live in Newcastle. My current ride(s) are;

-2003 Mitsubishi Evo (Tough weekender / track car. Widebody. 600HP. 'Nuff said)

-2002 VW Golf 1.6L SE (Daily. Stock. Silver. Manual. 160k kms. 100HP.)

-2014 Skoda Yeti 2.0L TDI DSG 4x4 (Wife's Daily / Business Car. Stock. Lava Blue. GREAT on fuel)

As I have been looking at colours to respray my Evo, and While falling in love with the Liquid Yellow that the new Clio RS200, I decided to take a black Cup Trophee for a test drive. My Lordy. I think I am addicted. I love my Evo, but damn, I think I NEEEEED to have one as a replacement daily.

Hence me signing up here. Would be nice to do a little more research, and perhaps meet a few peeps.

Looking forward to meeting some (or all of you) at a cruise or trackday sometime. :D

Welcome mate! Great to hear you've fallen in love with an RS 8)

Have a look around the Clio 4 section - they're still relatively new so it's still building up.

Welcome mate! Great to hear you've fallen in love with an RS 8)

Have a look around the Clio 4 section - they're still relatively new so it's still building up.

Thanks mate! Yeah, I'm really quite obsessed about it now. It was such a nice drive. Was also nice to have all the bells and whistles.. leather, sat-nav, reversing camera, etc, etc. Might just be me getting old, but that stuff really excited me.

My evo is basic enough for weekends/ track... I don't particularly want another 'basic' daily. So having all that stuff seemed very attractive to me.

Might see how things develop over the few months.. and who knows, I might take another test drive and drop a deposit on one. For now, I think I'm going to lurk around the members rides, ad Clio IV sections. Very keen to learn more about these vehicles!

Welcome Tonba.

I used to live in Newie and have a black CLIO III RS200 Trophy - LOVIN IT!

There are a strong group of RS owners in Newie and you will soon learn who they are here at the forum.

Shame you missed the cruise around the Putty Rd and Hunter Valley yesterday - BIG TURNOUT!

Welcome.

600BHP Evo sounds nutty! Pictures?

Yup. Its rather crazy. Unfortunately I cant show any pictures yet, not before the cars debut (maybe June?). :(

I will keep you all updated, and make sure to post pictures of it when its complete and on the road.

Welcome Tonba.

I used to live in Newie and have a black CLIO III RS200 Trophy - LOVIN IT!

There are a strong group of RS owners in Newie and you will soon learn who they are here at the forum.

Shame you missed the cruise around the Putty Rd and Hunter Valley yesterday - BIG TURNOUT!

Oh awesome. Yeah, I'd love to catch-up with people one day. Gotta keep researching this Clio IV RS!!! Who knows, I might actually trade my Golf in on one!

Yeah, going to do some more research on it. (The clio that is)

I'm surprised that 5th Gear wrote it off.. They really disliked it.

Top Gear gave it a good review (except the gearbox), generally liked it but preferred the Fiesta ST over it

Chris Harris seemed to enjoy it, and thought that Renault had done well (but again criticised the gearbox!)

Personally, When I took it for a test drive, in 'normal-automatic' mode, I was frustrated.. holding gears too much, dropping gears rather then riding the torque...

Sport mode was a little better (using the paddles), and didn't really try the race mode. Is there a way to turn the loud BEEP (shift warning) on and off... because it was really irritating at times.

Other then that.. was very impressed... will need to see if Renault run a promotion or something..

In regards to the Evo, I PROMISE I will post some photos when it is ready to be shown to the public. At the moment, it is undergoing surgery with new panel work (and paint!) and a new 'race' spec engine. (well compared to my last 'road' spec engine build)...

Sport mode was a little better (using the paddles), and didn't really try the race mode. Is there a way to turn the loud BEEP (shift warning) on and off... because it was really irritating at times.

Other then that.. was very impressed... will need to see if Renault run a promotion or something..

Yep, that beep can be turned off in the "settings" on the car.

It's buried deep in a seemingly confusing array of menus, but it is definitely an option to turn it off.

I know this Alex. If memory serves we met when I was working at Volkswagen in Hornsby.

Yeah! That's me mate. I seem to know you from there and JDMST as well! Its surprising how many people know me and my evo!

welcome mate

Your evo the one at bodyform??

Thanks mate. Yeah, it certainly is!! We are thinking about Renault Sport 'Liquid Yellow' respray...

Hi Tonba, welcome to the forum, I am coming from a very similar position, have my weekend/track Evo TME 6.5 and recently caught the RS bug, simply love driving my Clio around as a daily. I have a 182 as I prefer the tactile nature of the manual shift. You're not going to regret moving onto RS's. This forum is great and full of lots of helpful advice and people. Can't wait to hear more about your Evo though.

• 2 weeks later...