New to Renault

Wyndy

Hi all! Just got my first renault 6 months ago, a blue gt 220 and am in love.

So excited to find other enthusiasts and I have so many questions,

1. Do you guys take these babies on the track?

2. Best place in Melbourne for service (10,000)km

And 3. Can you re tune the gt 220 back up to the 265 horsepower and if so who does it?

Welcome mate!

Check out the thread (think it's in social events) about Henk from Fastchip coming to Aus to tune some cars. I'm sure there's spaces still available in Melb and he's the man to get you max. power from the GT220 8)

Welcome along and congrats on the new car.

Please keep in mind that the GT220 doesn't have the chasis of a 265 and especially not the LSD and other steering components needed for that extra oomph!!

You may well get the HP but lose the control so to speak. lolllll

Thanks for the info guys, yes will keep in mind the lesser chasis and no LSD before any changes.

There is already a bit of torque steer and traction control kicks in a lot at times, so I assume that would get worse with more oomph.

I wonder if any other GT 220 owners upgraded the ECU yet?

I was also told by another 265 owner the GT 220 cant go on some tracks as the exhaust is beneath the car and not rearward. Apparently a fire risk? Not sure if anyone has heard that before?

Thanks again

Central rear, directed downwards to ground. Winton raceway told a friend with a 265 this was the case as it can set the grass on fire if you come off?

Do you have a pic? All Clio 172's with the OE exhaust point down as well, and this has never been an issue for any of us for track.

Central rear, directed downwards to ground. Winton raceway told a friend with a 265 this was the case as it can set the grass on fire if you come off?

I'd get a another opinion...... As moosey says we have had no problems with 172's

I frankly don't see how it would happen, more likely if the grass touches the exhaust, which can happen to any car