New Owner - RS265

cairnsy

Hi all

Have had a mercury silver RS265 since Oct 11. Was a demo from Hiltons here on the Central Coast and been tarted up a bit for shopping centre display etc., and had 3500km on it. Dealer was great to deal with and has looked after me well. Was looking at Kias, Hyundia, WRX, Focus and drove the Kia and Hyundai. Made the mistake of driving the RSM demo and realised I wouldn't have been happy with a lesser vehicle. I accept the others would have been adequate for daily needs but not given the satisfaction. Had the decals removed and only kept the fake carbon fibre wrap on the roof and bonnet with the view to removing it if I didn't like it. Have decided it sets the car off nicely so will keep it for now. Had the front areas, sills and other bits and pieces clear wrapped to protect against stone chips etc.

It's been good to be able to read all the posts from longer owners so I can get familiar with the car. Eventually I wouldn't mind trying to get a couple of track days in so I can explore its limits although its been some time since I have driven at any great speed. I am having difficulty staying legal and wish I had had it when I was driving in the country with my work when there were less of "the boys in blue" around and travelling at speed was less frowned upon. Perhaps it was just as well, with the performance it has, I may have come to serious grief as a younger person, with more enthusiasm, than was good for me.

Really enjoying the drive to date and expecting more as I become used to it.

Looking forward to catching up some time.

All the best.

cairnsy

EL Falcon

Datsun Skyline

Toyota Tarago and Spacia

Mitsubishi Sigma Wagon

Mitsubishi Cordia Turbo

Alfa Romeo Allfetta Sedans x 2

Datsun 180B

Datsun 1600

Volkswagen 1200

Thanks to all for the welcome. I hope all are happy in their universe.

I have reviewed the comment about the model that 'tension' brought up. Build date is 10/2012 and NRMA Green Slip obtained when the dealer registered it in March this year gives RS 265 as part of the vehicle description. Is that sufficient detail to confirm that it is an RS265 ? Any further comment would help.

The more I drive this car the more I realise how much fun I have missed out on over the last 20 years. I have always thought driving was more than just getting from point A to point B. Hopefully my kids will realise this in due time if they don't already.

I will post photos when I can get my head around whats required. Any help would be appreciated.

Stay safe.

cairnsy

EL Falcon

Datsun Skyline

Toyota Tarago and Spacia

Mitsubishi Sigma Wagon

Mitsubishi Cordia Turbo

Alfa Romeo Alfetta Sedans x 2

Datsun 180B

Datsun 1600

Volkswagen 1200

Mercury Silver is the best colour. Very rare too :wink:

Welcome

:hyper: Have had a look at trying to get some photos up. Hope they work ok.

Before I took delivery:

lE6clYL6

GMlezbG7

Not sure where they got the idea it was a 'Trophy' would have been a super deal if it was.

S5IVol6f

After:

lMO7t6u4

ZkEjWsim

lvqG9mxX

ECVnC4v7

RSMh.JPG

Dealer also installed an after market exhaust system which I think is a 3 inch. I will have to have a closer look and see if I can find out the brand. Gained the impression it was to do with the sound.

Will catch up later.

cairnsy

I don't think you can share photos from your dropbox publicly.

Just tried doing it myself and couldn't get it to work. You're doing the right thing with the tags though, just try using imageshack, photobucket or flickr to host your photos.

Here we go again - take number 2 :D

Before I took delivery:

RSMa.jpg

RSMb.JPG

Not sure where they got the idea it was a 'Trophy' would have been a super deal if it was.

RSMc.JPG

After:

RSMd.jpg

RSMe.JPG

RSMf.JPG

RSMg.JPG

RSMh.JPG

I think you should be able to view the images if you RIGHT click on the icon and select 'Open image in new tab' assuming you have a win7 PC, not sure about others

I am chasing the dealer for details about the exhaust, so will hopefully have more info in due course.

Will catch up later.

cairnsy

cairnsy13

Internaute novice

Before photos