Deposit Down

Puppa

Hey all,

Just found these forums after putting a deposit down on the new Clio RS arriving in December.

Pretty excited about it all even though they can't give me much information regarding options etc.

Look forward to showing you guys once I get one.

Ohh no have a stumbled across a megane focused forum?

Hahaha no, there's muchos love for the Clio here. Lots of us are just disappointed at the lack of a manual gearbox in the new Clio!

If you're into driving and cars in general, you'll fit in around here.

Welcome and enjoy your stay! Any idea on a delivery date?

Welcome and enjoy your stay! Any idea on a delivery date?

Just found these forums after putting a deposit down on the new Clio RS arriving in December.

The dealer had mentioned December 9 or 10 was the last he had heard but he also said that may change to a little later

Welcome, Puppa! We're very pleased to have you aboard, particularly as the first to commit to a 200T.

There's a bit of consternation amongst some owners here that the RS Clio is evolving from what they chose to purchase. A Renault is a Renault, and an RS, whatever the spec, has lineage that can be traced back through Alpine and Gordini.

I'm really looking forward to following one of these either on track or on a drive day to see how they behave, and just how big the loony grin is when the driver steps out. That, to me, is the mark of a driver's car.

Once more, welcome!

Thanks guys. Yeah I have wanted to get into a Renualt for a while and thought this would be the perfect one to suit for my lifestyle/price etc

I have put down that I would like a Black or White one if possible and have mentioned once a full options list is out for them to contact me to discuss. They will be releasing a teaser brochure before the end of the month which they will distribute to all who have put deposits down. I will be sure to pass it on once I have it in my hands.

Not at all. More an elitist Clio II/III forum lately.

Did you go for Sport or Cup?

Didnt answer this one.. I have put down a Sport but if they price for the Cup isnt too much more I will change it to a Cup. Budget is $35K on road so I will work what the best car I can get for that is.

Not at all. More an elitist Clio II/III forum lately.

Did you go for Sport or Cup?

Didnt answer this one.. I have put down a Sport but if they price for the Cup isnt too much more I will change it to a Cup. Budget is $35K on road so I will work what the best car I can get for that is.

Sounds like a Cup still might fit in with your budget. We'll find out soon enough. I bet you're excited. I'd go a black Cup with black wheels, but as an RB7 owner that's pretty obvious.

Cool ... do you have a history in this segment (i.e. what are your previous cars, if any)? Certainly keen to hear the review. :)

No history in the segment from a ownership point of view as I have mostly had Holdens and a few Land Rovers. Have driven quite a few cars in the segment but so will be sure to give you my thoughts.

G'day & welcome, congrats on being the first Clio IV RS owner on here too.

White or yellow Cup with black rims is my pick.

Black always looks fantastic for 10 minutes then needs a clean again. :lol:

Curious to hear what other stuff you considered... Fiesta ST ?, Polo GTI ?, Pug 208 GTI ?, Toybaru ?

Yeah black is an issue keeping clean but I am pretty religious keeping my cars up to scratch.

I test drove the Polo Gti which I didnt mind but could see myself getting bored of it after a while. I also need an automatic for the partner too so the Pug and Fiesta were out of the question.

Your last sentence is exactly why Renault needed/decided this. I hear that all too often.

hopefully good sales spur them onto a less profitable manual version too!

Puppa if you're concerned keeping it clean put some Opticoat on it, helps the small dust particles slide off the car and protects from bird droppings, etc. Also when it gets dirty after a drive and you don't have time and know it will be at least a week till you wash it, just hose it down with water and watch everything slide off.

Welcome mate! Congrats on being the first Clio IV to sign up! I'd expect a tsunami of new owners to make their way through the doors over the next 12-18 months! Renault as a brand is set to soar! Can't wait to see more of this car! Oh, and go the liquid yellow! Best colour of them all :wink:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Welcome mate! Congrats on being the first Clio IV to sign up! I'd expect a tsunami of new owners to make their way through the doors over the next 12-18 months! Renault as a brand is set to soar! Can't wait to see more of this car! Oh, and go the liquid yellow! Best colour of them all :wink:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Thanks Ange. Hopefully your right and we see a lot more on the forums once it gets released.

Don't mind the liquid yellow but I have had the bright coloured cars so want something a little more understated this time around.

Congratulations on the Clio. I was the first Clio 197 owner on this forum in 2008. Many Clio II owners were critical of the Clio III, but time and familiarity has softened the criticism for the Clio III series. I suspect the same will happen with the Clio IV. I'm keen to have a drive of one myself and make up my own mind.

Yeah black is an issue keeping clean but I am pretty religious keeping my cars up to scratch.

I test drove the Polo Gti which I didnt mind but could see myself getting bored of it after a while. I also need an automatic for the partner too so the Pug and Fiesta were out of the question.

Renault have now got to hope that there are more people in your position Puppa, than disgruntled Clio I,II & III owners now considering life driving a Fiesta. :roll: I suspect there may be. Which does not augur well for the next-gen Megane! (Many of us Megane owners are sort of hoping the "Clio RS - DCT only" experiment fails).

Congrats though. I certainly look forward to seeing it on an Vic OzRS drive day!

Puppa if you're concerned keeping it clean put some Opticoat on it, helps the small dust particles slide off the car and protects from bird droppings, etc. Also when it gets dirty after a drive and you don't have time and know it will be at least a week till you wash it, just hose it down with water and watch everything slide off.

I did that on my last black car and eventually wound up polishing the scratches out of the Opticoat! Don't do black Puppa...it's a disaster. It looks fantastic for about 30 mins after you wash it. Especially in non-stop drizzly Melbourne!

And don't get me started on black and stonechips! :evil:

Thanks again RBH. Will definitely be on a drive day once I get it. The wait is killing me already though.

Now the colour I have been thinking about a lot and trying to look at as many photos as possible so I can finalise the choice. The decision has come down to white or black as the others are too out there for me personally. I know I have already told the dealer black but no issue with them changing it from our discussions. I think it may come down to seeing one in the flesh.

I think I need poll to sort this out lol

Congrats on the decision mate. I love my LY, but on the new 200EDC, i think definitely white, with everything else black (roof and wheels), is the best combo.