new 2003 172 RCS owner

cosmo

Hi all, just purchased a 2003 172 a few days ago from BMW Doncaster here in Melb...Flame Red, 67000km, $20800...12 months rego & Warrantee. Has anyone here seen it &/or know its history? ....just curious :mrgreen: Had to go to a dealer, as I was trading in my car... :roll: Cheers. :hail:

OH! That would be the one HASH was looking at getting!

Welcome to the forum. Goodluck with the car! I'm looking at getting one too... pretty good deal you go there! The warranty... was that factory?

Yeh i know all about it dude, i got it checked up by the renault dealer. Just wanted to tell you that u did kinda get ripped coz i managed to bargain em down to $18000 drive away and i still refused, so yeh u kinda over payed. Apperanlty the previous owner was very picky from what my Renault dealer told me and he had also changed the steering wheel and other bits and pieces in the car. So other than the damage on the outside it was in good nick. :( IM PISSED NOW, if it didnt sell by next monday they woulda given it 2 me for 17g drive away.

Yeh i know all about it dude, i got it checked up by the renault dealer. Just wanted to tell you that u did kinda get ripped coz i managed to bargain em down to $18000 drive away and i still refused, so yeh u kinda over payed. Apperanlty the previous owner was very picky from what my Renault dealer told me and he had also changed the steering wheel and other bits and pieces in the car. So other than the damage on the outside it was in good nick. :( IM PISSED NOW, if it didnt sell by next monday they woulda given it 2 me for 17g drive away.

Considering that he traded his car in, resulting in a swap, saying that he overpaid compared to what you were offered is nonsense! Hash - did you have a 00 MX-5 to trade when doing your figures? The salesman probably makes more commission from selling the car at a higher price - so the paperwork will reflect this - even though he may really have been giving you $18k for your car, and $18k sale on the RSC!

Cosmo - sounds like you paid right on the money for an 03 car, and you did even better when you consider you traded your 00 MX-5.

Make sure (if it's available: ie: less than 3 years since the car was first registered) that you take out the extended warranty from your local Renault $tealer. $900 is a small price to pay for piece of mind in my opinion.

Which part of Melbourne will we see you around?

Hey Guys thanx for the replies. Hash - didn't mean to take it off you and am thrilled that the car is in good nick... DAMN....$18k would have been better, but....anyways. I've been trying to sell my mx5 for 3 months on the net & had only one genuine offer of $20k....sooo being lazy & impulsive i decided to trade... :roll:

Did this year model come with cruise control & traction control?

Am already thinking of cheap, simple mods to squeese more power out, but am aware that its perfect standard. BUT, coming from an MX5 - I'm sure the instant torque in the Clio will amaze me... :mrgreen:

HASH - there are heaps of nice ones on carsales.com....

Live in east brighton... :)

Hi all, just purchased a 2003 172 a few days ago from BMW Doncaster here in Melb...Flame Red, 67000km, $20800...12 months rego & Warrantee. Has anyone here seen it &/or know its history? ....just curious :mrgreen: Had to go to a dealer, as I was trading in my car... :roll: Cheers. :hail:

welcome to ozrs.

make sure you come to the next drive day.

:mrgreen: e.sport

Hash... you might want to check out Gead's car... in the For Sale section. Seems like a good buy to me! All the good looking RSC seem to be in Melbourne!

*EDIT* Also Slugga's car... i sooooooo wish i was in Melbourne at the moment!

Congrats with the car Cosmo! You got a good buy!

...so you got the last dealer advertised Clio in Melbourne? Good luck with the 67,000 km. Was interested in it but couldn't fork out that sort of money for those K's :wink: Just make sure you extend the warranty on it.

btw...the car was advertised for less than what you paid :(

http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales ... istance=25

oh yeah...Clio's in Victoria are going like hotcakes. At one stage there were about 5 or 6 Clios's earlier this year. I remember there was a fantastic Iceberg MkII for sale. It was on carsales for about 3 months and the price had dropped to $21,000 for a car with only something like 32,000km's. Spewing I missed that one :evil:

why tell cosmo things he doesnt need to know. Makes no difference now the car is bought, and as blackrsc mentioned earlier once you add a trade-in into the equation the prices move around a bit anyway.

see ya round cosmo.

why tell cosmo things he doesnt need to know. Makes no difference now the car is bought, and as blackrsc mentioned earlier once you add a trade-in into the equation the prices move around a bit anyway.

see ya round cosmo.

Jealousy...

Congrats Cosmo! Don't listen to them... they are just sorry they missed out! Great deal, and good luck with the car! My hunt still continues...

Cheers,

Steven

Yeah cool thats the add that I saw that led me to contact the dealer...19888* the "*" is for additional charges. Anyways - I'm just glad that the car was looked at by Renault & was not abused.

AND Wouldn't you know it - after 3 months of advertising the MX5....I get my first phone call today from an interested buyer... :furious:

Not to worry.... :mrgreen:

Yeah cool thats the add that I saw that led me to contact the dealer...19888* the "*" is for additional charges.

fu3.gif Samo :P

didnt mean to offend you mate, i'm sorry,

jus sounded to me like you were rubbing it in that he spent more than he should've,

sorry

on offense taken... i just hope it aint a lemon - - then I'll be majourly pissed off...!!! Bought a 1989 205GTI once over the internet from Nowra without seeing it.... now that proved to be a very bitter sweet love affair... :roll:

on offense taken... i just hope it aint a lemon - - then I'll be majourly pissed off...!!! Bought a 1989 205GTI once over the internet from Nowra without seeing it.... now that proved to be a very bitter sweet love affair... :roll:

a mate of mine owned the exact same car and after only a coupla years the engine just blew up. literally. certainly caused some shocked faces down dandenong rd!

Yeah cool thats the add that I saw that led me to contact the dealer...19888* the "*" is for additional charges. Anyways - I'm just glad that the car was looked at by Renault & was not abused.

AND Wouldn't you know it - after 3 months of advertising the MX5....I get my first phone call today from an interested buyer... :furious:

Typical, happens to me all the time Cosmo... Hate the private sale saga, ppl have no idea what things are worth, offer u stoopid dollars and just generally waste u're time. I did what u did and just traded my last car in on the Clio. I actully ended up doing well with the trade and the purchase price of my Clio, so i was happy!

As for you paying too much for u're car, what a load of rubbish! A second hand car is worth what someone will pay for it, so u paid what it was worth, simple as that. :wink:

I've got an MX5 as well and you'll love the grunt the Clio has over the Mazda, you'll prolly need to modify u're driving style a bit and get used to the driving position which is well........French :roll: +

Welcome

Rob

Typical, happens to me all the time Cosmo... Hate the private sale saga, ppl have no idea what things are worth, offer u stoopid dollars and just generally waste u're time. I did what u did and just traded my last car in on the Clio. I actully ended up doing well with the trade and the purchase price of my Clio, so i was happy!

As for you paying too much for u're car, what a load of rubbish! A second hand car is worth what someone will pay for it, so u paid what it was worth, simple as that. :wink:

I've got an MX5 as well and you'll love the grunt the Clio has over the Mazda, you'll prolly need to modify u're driving style a bit and get used to the driving position which is well........French :roll: +

Welcome

Rob

Haha... love it! I'm getting dealers that want to buy my car for $14,000... and then today; private buyer asks $13,500... is he joking?! Dream on buddy!

And yes... a car is worth what you will pay! I'm sure SOMEONE out there would have paid $22,000 had it not been advertised cheaper.....

And Cosmo... I'm sure it gets better as you go faster like the 205gti... but lets just hope the engine doesn't blow as above!

Good luck with the car! There REALLY is NOT another hatch out there with the potential the RSC has. I'm dumbfound at how the RSC for $20,000 can keep up to my cousins Mini Cooper S (worth well over $60k!). Oh how he is hearing it now! "Sorry, but my car costs 1/3 of your car, yet I'm having twice as much fun!" (well, when i get one!)

Good luck with it all! - and yes, you do sit rather high! I though the Zetec was bad.....

Heh Tecki!

See this ad yet?

http://www.ozrenaultsport.com/forum/vie ... php?t=2231

Hi all.

Clio sport for sale. Silver, compliance date is 7/04 and its got 19,000k's on it.

The cars in Sydney and im in Western Australia in a mine so its getting zero use.

Sorry if I havnt got back to any of your pm's but ive had no internet...aaahhh!

So anyways the cars in near new condition. 1.5 years factory warranty and will let

it go for a good deal. Im asking around the 24k mark but im open to offers.

Any questions you can get me on 0417 096 090 or 0410 650 442

no private messages please cause ive got limited internet.

IA 444

....not getting it till Thursday now.... :evil: Its getting a new set of rear discs & pads... apparently it has to be done at Renault, as BMW don't have the right tools...

I wonder why the Renult Dealer OK'ed the brakes when they inspected the car for HASH...??? Maybe different Renult vs BMW standards...??? :?:

Acctually renault just checked it thru there computer system, as the Richmond dealer had serviced that car, and they remembered the owner straight away so it wasnt a proper check. But rest assured they did tell my dad it was a great car and that it was cared after by a very fussy person so be HAPPY. Yeh BMW doncaster are sh*t when it comes to brakes. They charged my mum $1200 for a new set of brakes on her car as BMW refuses to only change brake pads but must also change the Discs along with it , this is at 30,000km mind u. So id be happy if they werent touching my brakes. Great buy dude, i still kick my self to this day for not buying that car, but i guess that one belonged to u and mine is coming veryy veryy soon :) . Heyy guys btw does the Renault sound like a beasty 4cynd or like any mitsu lancer 4 pot.

Heyy guys btw does the Renault sound like a beasty 4cynd or like any mitsu lancer 4 pot.

Compared to the 1.8litre Lancer (or less) the Renault is the beasiest of beasts. Pretty loud inside the cabin too, but its expected of a car like this. Have you driven one yet?

The RSC has the sweetest sounding 2L n/a engine I ever heard, it sounds like it's on steroids when it hits 5000rpm.

I'll reserve my opinion until I've fitted my apollo.

The best sounding naturally aspirated car I've ever owned

was my 1300 cc Fiat 128. That sounded awesome and was louder

than the Ford V8s at the last trackday I went to :twisted:

The RSC has the sweetest sounding 2L n/a engine I ever heard, it sounds like it's on steroids when it hits 5000rpm.

I'll reserve my opinion until I've fitted my apollo.

The best sounding naturally aspirated car I've ever owned

was my 1300 cc Fiat 128. That sounded awesome and was louder

than the Ford V8s at the last trackday I went to :twisted:

I'll wager it sounded nearly as good as our 128 based 1500cc X1/9 donk, with with twin webers, warm cam, snorkel, sports exhaust and extractors. Yum. Ya just can't beat old Fiats for noise.

I'll wager it sounded nearly as good as our 128 based 1500cc X1/9 donk, with with twin webers,

warm cam, snorkel, sports exhaust and extractors. Yum. Ya just can't beat old Fiats for noise.

aaahhh sends shivers down my spine.

I was using twin IDF downdrafts with unifilter socks that stuck through a hole

cut in the bonnet, no protection. It was an amazingly loud induction roar and

could be heard coming over the back of the hill at Wanneroo raceway from the

pits. :headbang:

Nah i havnt driven one yet :(. My dad rekons that he doesnt need to drive one to know there good, just the write ups are amazing. They say the clio handles better than a 225 cup and i love driving his car so im sure ill be happy with the clio. Plus its my first car so its not like i can afford anything which drives better than a Clio and i know thats a fact lol.

No worries - shall do on the weekend. I'm debating wether or not to upgrade the 15 inches to 16...??? They do look small, BUT the car sticks around the few corners that I have accelerated through & they prob are lighter than the 16inchers...? PS spare wheel & paraphanalia are already out... 8)