lé newbie checking in!

Bluey

Salut!

After being introduced to the wonderful world of Renaults by a friend and fellow Renault enthusiast, I am now on the hunt for a little runabout 172 as a daily.

I've always been about the Aussie classics - owner of a restored 1962 Ford XK Falcon Wagon. Now that I'm in the market for a daily, I couldn't go past the 172 (preaching to the converted here I guess :lol: )

I'll see you guys around as I trawl through the threads.

Cheers!

funny you mention that moosey , well actually its not funny at all ! i specified aus NOT nip . there are no classic asian cars and never will be . you cant make classics out of white goods .

my big brother had an R8 and went to watch bathurst when it was a real race between real cars ... back then that coroll* was the new thing .

after the race finished , the track was always left open and everyone hopped in their cars and went flying round flat out . bro still tells the tale about some try hard in a new cor*lla being left behind on the corners , under brakes [ they had 4 drums the diameter of coke cans v renault 4 wheels discs and the rolla steering was connected to the front end with sushi ] and everywhere except up the hill . they still havent been able to polish that turd .

Thanks for the welcomes!

Nothing wrong with sharing the love between classic Aussie and modern french. My garage has both a Megane 225 cup and a fully restored 1971 XY Falcon sedan.

Saw your username when I was reading around on the forum and knew you were into the ol' Falcons too! Verm Fire is one of the best colours out there!

Any pics of the XY?

hello and welcome . where you based ?

aus classics are good classics .

Cheers! I'm down the M5 out in South-west Sydney.. 5mins from Prestons.

46192837249654792326156.jpg

Thanks for the welcomes!

Nothing wrong with sharing the love between classic Aussie and modern french. My garage has both a Megane 225 cup and a fully restored 1971 XY Falcon sedan.

Saw your username when I was reading around on the forum and knew you were into the ol' Falcons too! Verm Fire is one of the best colours out there!

Any pics of the XY?

from a photo shoot a few years back

P11209154.jpg