newbie from west sydney

vermillion_fire

Hello all,

Not a Renault owner (yet!) but on the lookout for a good 5 door Phase II 225 cup with lowish kays as it will be my DD, and finding good ones isn't easy. Ive spied one with QLD rego, does anyone have any advice/experience with buying cars with interstate rego?

From looking around the forum, it seems engine mounts, injectors, clutch and windows seem to be the main things to look out for? Any buying advice would be much appreciated!

Other than that, just hello and nice to be here.

Darren.

Welcome. Sorry no experience "buying" interstate...plenty of experience moving interstate. Either way requires the usual RWC hoops and probably an inspection too. When I moved from Qld to Vic, our cars had to be physically inspected, and when we moved from Vic to NSW they had to be inspected. Going back from NSW to Vic (as I recall) they just needed RWC's. I remember moving from Vic to NSW being the biggest pain in the butt with white slips and green slips and RWC's and inspections. I remember it was a painful process. Hopefully it's become easier.

welcome darren, apparently now days you have to cancel the rego when someone from interstate buys your car, not like the old days and leave it interstate rego till its out, then swap it over. if the seller is nice they will leave the rego on for you long enough to drive it home and sort out a blue slip and get it regoed in nsw, plus the usual ripoff transfer fee. so tell them you bought it for a fraction of the cost when you go to register in new, i hate giving incompetent people like the rta and the fu#ktards that work there my hard earned cash...

also another thing to take into account is if you buy a car interstate that has been modified and has an engineers certificate for that state and is perfectly legal there, it doesnt mean squat in nsw, you will have to go through the whole engineering process in nsw

Welcome. Sorry no experience "buying" interstate...plenty of experience moving interstate. Either way requires the usual RWC hoops and probably an inspection too. When I moved from Qld to Vic, our cars had to be physically inspected, and when we moved from Vic to NSW they had to be inspected. Going back from NSW to Vic (as I recall) they just needed RWC's. I remember moving from Vic to NSW being the biggest pain in the butt with white slips and green slips and RWC's and inspections. I remember it was a painful process. Hopefully it's become easier.

thanks for the reply RBH58. I hope the process has become easier. A mate recently bought a car in VIC, then brought it up to NSW but wasnt aware that you can request the balance of vice rego back from VIC roads. I think the various roads departments deliberately makes things a bit complicated.

welcome darren, apparently now days you have to cancel the rego when someone from interstate buys your car, not like the old days and leave it interstate rego till its out, then swap it over. if the seller is nice they will leave the rego on for you long enough to drive it home and sort out a blue slip and get it regoed in nsw, plus the usual ripoff transfer fee. so tell them you bought it for a fraction of the cost when you go to register in new, i hate giving incompetent people like the rta and the fu#ktards that work there my hard earned cash...

also another thing to take into account is if you buy a car interstate that has been modified and has an engineers certificate for that state and is perfectly legal there, it doesnt mean squat in nsw, you will have to go through the whole engineering process in nsw

thanks for the welcome, the car ive seen is on carsales with qld rego, but located in wollongong, so it appears the seller has moved down. I have tried to contact them but so far no luck, im wondering whether i should just request that they get nsw rego before i consider buying the car.

DC.

I bought my car from QLD to NSW and you will have NO LUCK getting any rebate on QLD rego. It belongs to the registered owner in that state and they will not refund it to any other person. In fact QLD law requires that the car be driven to the nearest NSW rego office and transferred immediately. I decided to drive it home to Newcastle and got the blue slip inspection as quick as I could and did the transfer.

The inspection, rego, green slip and stamp duty cost me about $1600 all up. So consider that as part of the purchase conditions.

I bought my car from QLD to NSW and you will have NO LUCK getting any rebate on QLD rego. It belongs to the registered owner in that state and they will not refund it to any other person. In fact QLD law requires that the car be driven to the nearest NSW rego office and transferred immediately. I decided to drive it home to Newcastle and got the blue slip inspection as quick as I could and did the transfer.

The inspection, rego, green slip and stamp duty cost me about $1600 all up. So consider that as part of the purchase conditions.

thanks mate, yep QLD roads confirmed no rebate for me when i called them today.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

well, im no longer a just a lurker....

Purchased Andy C's 2006 silver Ph2 cup over the weekend. Andy was great to deal with and im very excited with the car. It'll be the daily driver, but im keen for some spirited weekend driving when time permits.

First on the jobs list is to find a good replacement front splitter, tinting and then brakes.

Cheers,

DC.

Congrats mate.

Have a search on the forum for the Skoda splitter (that the Clio guys use), Cupra R front lip and the EZ Lip (viewtopic.php?f=9&t=23977)

Look forward to meeting you at a drive!

Congrats mate.

Have a search on the forum for the Skoda splitter (that the Clio guys use), Cupra R front lip and the EZ Lip (http://ozrenaultsport.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=23977)

Look forward to meeting you at a drive!

cheers,

I've ordered some EZLip, so i'll see how that goes, if i dont like it, then i'll look at the cupra lip

G'day mate, welcome & congrats on the purchase.

I'm guessing with your user name that your an ex GT Falcon boy, i used to have a pretty trick XAGT RPO83 many moons ago (see pic).

Anyway best of luck with the bureaucrats hope it's not too painful.

[attachment=0]73 xa gt.jpg[/attachment]

g'day Steve, not a GT but ive still got a XY Falcon 500, passed down from my father. I get it out from time to time.

Also, it says i dont have permission to see the pic? I also see i cant PM some people. I take it i have to have a certain number of posts before i get permissions?