Newcastle (NSW) Noob

whitbomb07

G'day all

Thought after spending the last few days lurking I should say Hi and thank you for the wealth of knowledge you have already provided me.

A RS Megane has been the car I have been pining for and after over a year of waiting I'm finally getting close to turning my dream car into a reality. The only thing stopping me now is the sale of my current vehicle.

As the title suggests I'm from Newcastle and have seen a couple of 250's (Blue, Grey, Black) around town and every now and then there is even one (Yellow) stalking me from an ajoining street.

Biggest issue now is whether I should wait for the 265 as whilst I could no doubt get a pretty well discounted 250 I think I'm leaning towards the 265 being worth the wait.

Hopefully hear from you all soon!

Regards

Daniel

Yeah I definitely want the RS Monitor, if they do decide to go with Satnav only in the 265 it's a deal breaker.

Welcome!! What is the current toy in the garage?

Best way to make sure of it; forward order at your local dealer. The more forward orders with RS Monitor specified, the greater the chance it'll be included. GO GO GO!

gday mate welcome to the forums

Like you mentioned the question is whether its worth the wait or purchase some nicely discounted 250s. I know one of the guys on here is selling his Monaco GP edition from last year w/all the options (its got satnav though) for about the same price as a standard cup driveaway.. maybe look at that if it tickles the fancy?

Suppose the best bet is to just doing a comparo of the differences between the 250 and 265 and see if its too your liking. Its been stated many times around here that its mostly a cosmetic change more than anything else but they may be enough for any buyer!

Goodluck with whatever you choose

Thanks for the welcomes!

What is the current toy in the garage?

My current vehicles are nothing special an '01 Lancer MR 1.8 manual coupe and a 08 i30 SLX CRDi Manual, the i30 will be sold and once I have the Megane the Lancer will most likely go too.

Best way to make sure of it; forward order at your local dealer. The more forward orders with RS Monitor specified, the greater the chance it'll be included. GO GO GO!

Unfortunately it is my intention to Salary Sacrifice so I cannot "Pre order" I can only hope that worse case it will be an option. Hopefully in colour for those wanting to also have reverse camera (unless the incorporate the reverse camera in the rearview mirror like some vehicles.......

Suppose the best bet is to just doing a comparo of the differences between the 250 and 265 and see if its too your liking. Its been stated many times around here that its mostly a cosmetic change more than anything else but they may be enough for any buyer!

Hopefully we can get the full specs ASAP for the 265 so I can compare in earnest. The plan is to lease it for 3 years and most likely sell it after that so re sale is a consideration. I know there are late MY11 Demos/Non-drive demos Trophees still out there that have potential (Sorry I forgot to mention I'm after the Trophee) for a good deal, but at this point in time I think the 265 will be worth it.

Regards

Daniel

Hey... a big welcome from another Newcastle member. So glad to see more and more RS cars on our streets mate.

You will find 4 or 5 including, MJH, Steve11 and I are the regs here on the forum and that yellow RS250 and a gray 250 are pretty common sights around town too.

I will be watching for your new car announcement and happy to come and show you the Clio 200 Cup Trophee if you want a preview.

G'day BUSGO

Nice to know there are a few Novocastrians on here. Just a pity that there isn't a dealer here yet. At least there is a service centre.......

I might have to take you up on the offer at some point. Cheers.

The yellow R.S seems to just pop up every now and again on the ajoining street, so I'm not sure if they actually live there or not. The Blue I've only seen once and the Black and gray only a couple of times.

Regards

Daniel

Welcome mate. Hope you can sell the i30 quickly and get into a 250! It'll be worth the wait in the end 8)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Daniel,

Truth be told, if you can afford either model.... GET in!!

All the best with the hunt, and ultimately, your decision.

Cheers,

WOLF

ps: pics as soon as you get it.

G'day Daniel and welcome. I'm one of the other Newcastle members that Ray (BUSGO) mentioned - I've got one of the black RS250's you've probably seen around town...

What part of Newcastle are you from (I'm at Charlestown)?

Nice avatar by the way...

G'day Daniel and welcome. I'm one of the other Newcastle members that Ray (BUSGO) mentioned - I've got one of the black RS250's you've probably seen around town...

What part of Newcastle are you from (I'm at Charlestown)?

Also, based on your avatar, do you work at Williamtown?

G'day MJH

According to zoning I live in New Lambton but I'm within spitting distance of Adamstown station and that PITA crossing.

I get the feeling that with all the Black RS's around in the region I'm almost obligated to get a black 265! :wink:

My Avatar was taken on the Friday "Practice day" (Pretty much a free airshow in itself) prior to the 2010 show at Williamtown, typically the weather was better that day than the Saturday and Sunday so I got some pretty nice shots.

The F-111 has always been my favourite aircraft and that airshow marked it's last public display before being retired at the end of 2010 so it has particular significance to me. I figured it makes for a good substitute whilst I wait for a shiny Meg! :)

ATM I use a Canon 7D with either a Sigma 50-500mm OS ("BigmOS") or a Canon 15-85mm IS. Although that shot was taken with a Canon 400mm f5.6.

Regards

Daniel

Also there for the show and worked both Sat and Sun as a volunteer.

Good luck with the ongoing car saga Daniel.

Do hope to see another RS around here soon.