Newbie on the Northern Beaches needs some good roads

Grimbo30

Hey RS club. Just purchased a 08 Clio RS 197. After missing the roads in the UK i'm looking for decent drive locally (Sydney Northern Beaches) and for others who want to share road just for the fun of driving.

I also want to take the car to the track to see what it can really do. Some help or guidance on where to look and what I need to do - I really am a green newbie.

Thanks guys

Welcome. I hear things about something called the "Old Pac" and something about a Wise Man's Ferry sometimes mentioned :wink:

Hope you find your twisties, and the locals up your way guide you in the right direction to get on track. I'm yet to run most of the NSW tracks, but I'm assured they're good.

Yeah old pacific hwy is definitely worth a go! I used to do it every day after school..

And then if you continue up through somersby/peats ridge there are a few good roads and then wisemans ferry is a good run if there's no push bikes or Sunday drivers

Its short notice and I can't make it either but there is a track day at Wakefield Park tomorrow that I would have liked to be at. Plenty of members do track days and you will find the discussion in the index.

Welcome to the club Grimbo!!

Welcome mate!

Old Pac does have a tendency to fill up with bikers (both powered and pedaled) and a watchful eye or two :wink: You could try it at night like some people on here.

Have a look here viewforum.php?f=14&start=0 for threads on track day action. We just had an awesome one last week (thanks again to those responsible 8) ). There are also things like Speed Off The Streets and CSCA Supersprints depending on your taste.

Howdy Grimbo (like the tag).

Enjoy your ride on some very nice roads. Wetaher should be pretty good (on a yearly basis).

Pics when you can bud.

Cheers,

WOLF

Thanks to all

Just missed out on two track days. I actually work for an oil company so I get a lot of invites to "sponsor" events - just can't seem to get to them.

If anybody is organising one on a weekend (i'm sydney based) then i'm in. Just need to know what to do and what I need to bring. Driving skills may be one I can't purchase!

Also - looking at some chips to try and increase the low down torque. Clio's great when the revs are up but anybody know a trusted and proven way of achieving this? Some people say leave alone. Am I chasing the holy grail?

Also - looking at some chips to try and increase the low down torque. Clio's great when the revs are up but anybody know a trusted and proven way of achieving this? Some people say leave alone. Am I chasing the holy grail?

RSTuner by a mob called Fastchip.

Easy, good backup and good power gains.

Welcome mate!

We're doing a drive day in a couple of weeks and there's usually a track day or 2 in the pipeline at any given stage. Just keep your eyes peeled in the relevant sections.

Enjoy!