Newbies to RS world

HomerRS

Hi there everyone.

Last Monday we took delivery of our new RS250 Cup Trophee from CA. This thing is grin factor 11. :D Only had a couple of days to drive it before back to work so hanging our for next break to get back into those awesome Recaro's and play with the Melbourne traffic. We have just moved down from Nth Qld so still getting to know the place and find some good roads for weekend jaunts. Looking forward to getting to know other RS owners and meet up. Cheers.

Welcome mate.

That's a big change from N QLD to Melb! I'm sure the RS250 will make it easier to adapt :wink:

And the Mexican crew are a good bunch so be sure to get along to a drive day!

Thanx for the warm welcome guys. Chiapoco we decided on the white with black inserts and sunroof. CA had a AGP on the floor and we took it for a drive but my partners last car (SSV Commodore) was black so we wanted a white. Both colours looked so good though. Just waiting to get plates then I will get pics.

Welcome aboard Mark and Michelle.

Fights for the keys by chance?

Anyways, hope you're liking the change from sunny QLD, and any glorious roads you may find.

All the best,

WOLF

ps: soooo love the white.

Thanx Wolf. It was actually Michelle that had the final say as we traded her SSV for the new 1. I was leaning towards a Golf R. We had taken a Scirocco for a test in both manual and DSG but after driving the RS we were both in love. I just wish we had it while still in QLD. Bloody speed cameras on every post down here mate as I can already vouch for. 2nd day of ownership and done. haha.

Welcome Mark and Michelle, you made a great choice. I'm a little biased but I love black on white, and black on silver for that matter.

I took my 250 for spin last night after driving the 172 for the past couple weeks and I had a smile on my dial from ear to ear. You're going to love this car.

I used to live in mornington and always enjoyed my drives through the Dandenongs.

Any mods planned?

Hi there Ace. Cheers for the welcome and U would know 1st hand how big our grins are. Was planning on taking it to HPF after it's 1st service as they have said they can tickle the computer and get 214kw out of them for $1250. But after reading the story where Renault are underquoting power figures I'm not real worried now. Getting out of the 6 ltr I missed that smack in the back off the line but the RS is way ahead everywhere else. After driving the Scirocco same day of RS test I don't think we would be embarressed at the lights. haha.

I'd be surpised if that would be 214kw at the wheels without some substantial upgrades, decat, exhaust, intercooler, etc. I have mine pretty well tuned up and putting out 198kw ATW. I have seen higher figures but the AFR was a bit of concern on the dynos I saw.

Best mod you can make for the biggest bang is a remap, check out RSTuning.co.uk, fastchip.nl and superchips. I went with RSTuning which comes with more features turned on by default that the standard fastchip (in the RS Tuner device), but all of them will give you a nice boost making the turbo a lot more responsive earlier on and a fantasic increase in the induction sound. All the remaps are DIY, cost is reasonable and a nice first step.

Have fun.

• 2 weeks later...