Hi :)

cookie28

Hey guys my names Mac and im a 17 year old kid whos currently in Year 12 (boo!! :( ) and live in Sydney

I currently drive a VW Bora (boring as all hell) and am thinking about getting a 2001 Clio Sport. I signed up here to read about peoples experiences and to hopefully find out some information on these awesome cars!!

Thanks for having me, Mac

Welcome Mac!

Plenty of info here. Have a look around the FAQ section and Clio II/Clio II tech. Feel free to come along to a meet I check out others cars too.

Good luck with the hunt (& the study :wink: )

Thanks im hopefully going to look at one tomorrow and the person who owns it is looking for a "bigger car" so im hoping he might even want to do a trade with me which would be awesome!! and if theres a meet on soon id definitely be keen to come along and have a look :)

Ooooo no a 17 year old school student in a RSC this can only end in disaster!! :P

I'm only joking mate

I actually started out as 17 year old school student with an RSC and now I'm a 19 year old uni student with a RSC

Welcome to the world of RS where your mates think you have a girls car until you smoke them off the line a dozen times and beat them around every single corner!

Enjoy (if you get one)

Thanks :) I think the hardest part is going to be convincing my mum about the reliability and the fact it "should" be more economical than my Bora :P but I think I've set my heart on one and was looking at a golf VR6 and then saw the light that the Clio weighs a heap less and makes almost identical power and torque :D

And I'll definitely try to make a meet when the next one in Sydney's on

PS I want your green Clio 200 haha

Thanks :) I think the hardest part is going to be convincing my mum about the reliability and the fact it "should" be more economical than my Bora :P but I think I've set my heart on one and was looking at a golf VR6 and then saw the light that the Clio weighs a heap less and makes almost identical power and torque :D

And I'll definitely try to make a meet when the next one in Sydney's on

PS I want your green Clio 200 haha

Welcome aboard ...(btw why cookie 28? just curious)

Anyways, all the best with the Clio hunt, and keep us posted. Yes it should be cheaper overall than the Bora. Happy to do my part there. Will feel so much zippier and light on its feet too.

Just remember to service her well, and don't skimp on what needs to be done "when" it needs to be done.

Cheers,

WOLF

Smart boy,

I was 20 nearly 21 when I figured it out, 21 almost 22, when I bought my first RS, a brand new 182 cup. It was only 2 or so years of having a licence but I regret not being enlightened to Renaultsport earlier..

Welcome and good luck, the Clio is an UNREAL car.

Haha well I've been obsessed with VW for the last year or so and didn't think of the Clio until a couple of weeks ago and realised they are cheaper than I thought :D

And as a little update to this thread I'm hopefully going to look at one tomorrow :) so hopefully my car will sell soon and then I can buy this one!!

Haha well I've been obsessed with VW for the last year or so and didn't think of the Clio until a couple of weeks ago and realised they are cheaper than I thought :D

And as a little update to this thread I'm hopefully going to look at one tomorrow :) so hopefully my car will sell soon and then I can buy this one!!

Good luck. It took me 52 years before I got my first RS! :? Of course, they were Gordinis when I was your age :shock: