New 250 Cup Trophee Owner saying hi

_beaches

Took delivery of my new baby Wednesday just gone. I have only ever owned Japanese cars to date. Pulsar, Corolla and Rav4... All extremely reliable low cost cars that start first time every time.... and all extremely BORING!!!

We still have a RAV as the family car but I needed a second car with kids starting school. After months of analysis and a "shortlist" of about 20 cars I finally decided to buy my fun choice.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7350506@N03/6865361709/

2011 RS 250 Cup Trophee.

- Lunar Grey

- Leather seats

- Xenon Driving lights

- Front Sensors

Welcome along, cool car, very much like the colour.

You don't have to worry about reliability, look after the car and it will look after you.

PS

Most modern cars start first time every time unless the battery has gone flat, ironically the only car I have had in the last ten years that has not started was a Lexus/Toyota.

thanks @griffyn the car in the link is my car. Got it last Wednesday..

Thanks @Apex.. btw not expecting anything less from the Megane re reliability... just never owned anything but Japanese cars and so I'm very excited about this purchase. So far there are 2 problems with it

1) I don't want to get out of it

2) I can't wipe the grin off my face when I do actually drag myself out of the driver's seat..

LOVE IT!!

Welcome - I'm on week 3 with my R.S. 250 and she gets better and better as I explore what she can do :)

I started this weekend with a midnight run to Wiseman's Ferry (awesome with the Xenons and no other cars around) and capped it off with a twilight run back and forth through the Royal National Park.

Good times!

This is my first FWD car and I am loving it to pieces.

Sounds awesome RaindancerAU.. to be honest I haven't had a chance to do anything other than local driving... I reckon next weekend I'll be getting up early and driving up to Calga and back from the northern beaches.

my boss is an instructer out at E/C so there's a very good chance it'll see the track later this year.. might have to pick up a set of cheap 18 inch rims so as not to go through the conti's

..thanks Pommie.

my boss is an instructer out at E/C so there's a very good chance it'll see the track later this year.. might have to pick up a set of cheap 18 inch rims so as not to go through the conti's.

Really? who might that be can I ask? I used to do a bit out there myself!

His name is Simon Tate. I don't know much about it.. I've done heaps of races out there but only ever on a push bike... I think he was racing an M3 and Porsche out there but recently sold the M3. He mentioned that there is a track day out there for Newbies where you can go out with an instructor, so I may give it a go. Sounds like a blast, though the lack of insurance has me a bit woried...

Insurance is only a problem if you crash! Honestly you have to get it badly wrong to have a problem. My experience is that some insurance companies will cover you if it's a proper driver training day with instructors and no timing.

I'm on the Beaches too, BTW.

thanks for the tip Matt205, I'll try not to crash :wink: I kind of figure you would have to get it really wrong.. doesn't help when you get sent the following link on Monday after the weekend's racing..

This was one of 3 serious smashes on Sunday at the BMW / Porsche Challenge – all at the same spot. He is completely flat through turn 1 at 220km – Ouch.

Forward to 6.05min.

http://www.youtube.com/user/nvoegt#p/a/u/0/aHOgKOfjqwc

---

beaches are a great place to be btw :wink:

Well, interesting. That was quite simply driver error. Turning in way too early everywhere, you just don't get away with that when you are too fast into turn 1.

I have too say, if that was me, I wouldn't be posting that up on youtube. People's obsession with showing themselves screw up seems strange to me, particulalry when you are not prepared to take the criticism that may come along with it.

Welcome and congrats on the purchase!

Great looking car there. Another photo enthusiast, I take it.

With cars like these it's a shame not to do a trackday. I went to my first one last year, and as long as you have a good instuctor (like I had Matt205) you'll have a laugh.

Keep us posted.

Thanks Wolf... loving the car so far..

Was called by the dealer yesterday reminding me of the 1000km service and also to notify me that Renault have a 'campaign' on for my car at the moment and they would undertake some special work on the car under that campaign.. Lucky me! From reading this formum I understand there is some wireing that needs to be replaced to take care of a known issue..

Renault have a 'campaign' on for my car at the moment and they would undertake some special work on the car under that campaign.. Lucky me! From reading this formum I understand there is some wireing that needs to be replaced to take care of a known issue..

Could you please elaborate on the 'campaign' and also what known issue you mean?

Thanks!

Here's the link:

http://www.ozrenaultsport.com/bb/viewto ... 47&t=18656

Don't know if this is what they plan to do but must have found a solution to something a few people have reported.... Will ask when I take it in and post up the response.

Congratulations on your purchase _Beaches. I feel the same about wanting to stay in the car. Everyday driving is great, but atleast once a week I take her out for a blurt around the more fun roads on offer. The great thing I've still only started and no where near reaching the limits.

Thanks LigerZero, yeah same, I've been leaving work a little early once a week to take the roads through a national park home.. not even nearly on my way home!!

Must look into a cheap set of rims and get to a track day, about the same day I picked up the car I got a letter stating that I have few points left till October this year.. not from anything stupid, just carelessness for the most part.. But till October the speed limiter will be getting a workout :(

Since my annoying 10km over fines have been a result of carelessness I wonder if anyone has though to hook the speed limiter up to a GPS to lock you to the speed limit as you drive along automatically... Though perhaps I just need to pay closer attention.

enjoy the weekend on the roads :)

Thanks - that's an interesting one - I'll watch the video later to try to work out if mine is doing it.

The thread does say that the issue should be fixed on cars built after Oct 2010 and that certainly describes my car. Anyway, Peter Warren was my dealership as well, so I guess I should be able to get it corrected if my car is afflicted with the issue.

I actually use cruise control to limit my speed .... even in 40 and 50 zones, I just hit cruise and then flick my eyes to the speedo if I can tell that I am accelerating due to a gradient .... its worked for me for quite some time now ... I think its been at least 15-16 years since I've had a speeding violation or any demerit point worthy violation and I'm no saint :)