Looking For A RS250 Cup...

Jimbodog250

Welcome James! Can't offer any advice on price but I'd be discussing that with the dealer, though I can't imagine they'd be discounting to much at the moment given they're selling so well!

Good luck 8)

I wouldve got a new cup metallic for a sniff under 45 on road. Not much margin in new cars i believe , i cant see you getting one for much less- good luck though!

I know it only sounds like money, but when I started looking for another new car I budgeted about 40-42k on a new Mazda 3 MPS, then it rose up to about 45k on a base model cup trophy without any options, then after working out all the prices on options on top of that, it easily became a simple choice to get a fully optioned car 50k+.

Whatever the choice, whatever the price, make sure you pick the right options prior to putting down the money as you are going live with that choice over several years of fun and excitement and if you breakdown and calculate theextra difference in stepping up in models then it isn't so hard to justify your decisions.

For example, to blow an extra 5k over let say 5 years of ownership is $1,000 per year, divide it by 12 months in a year and it's just $83 per month, then crazy enough divide it by average weeks in a the month and it's about $20 a week, which means $2.80 per day so I'ld give up 1 small coffee per day for the car of my choice.

Whatever the decision, be happy with your choice.

Whatever the decision, be happy with your choice.

+1

probably the best words I've read all day!

Oh yeah, f it, spend now, enjoy for years!

To put that comment in context, since buying my RS250 I've decided to move states, and buy a house. If ever there was a "wrong" time for me to spend $52K on a car, now has turned out to be it. BUT - do I regret it - NOT ONE F'ING BIT!!!

The roads where I'll be living will remind me why I'm spending so much money (and time) driving up to 1500kms a week to and from work. Any backward step from the RS250 will crush my driving soul. To quote: "Whatever the decision, be happy with your choice." :D

BTW, the timing might not be all that bad. A debt consolidation with the new mortgage should mean that I end up paying for the RS250 at home loan rates over 30 years! :rofl::hyper::headbang: