Kinda New Guy with new 250

BenG

Ok so I think its about time made a newbie post...some of you may have already met me on some events organised through the forum, others no but I have been holding out with my intro in waiting for my car to arrive and thought it'd be more apropriate for me to be on here if I actually had a renault.

Anyway, I have just picked up my new full spec RS250 Trophy in yellow and live in eastern suburbs of Melbourne, for anyone else in my area. I know some veterans might be hesitant to welcome yet ANOTHER 250 and a new guy barging in but I can assure you its not my first french car and am very greatful to be part of this little community of like minded people.

My previous car was a black 06 Citroen C4 Coupe VTS and was a fantastic little car. we have also had a Peugeot 307 and a clio 172 in the family so I am no stranger to the delight/frustration french cars offer.

Currently I also own a stripped out red 78' Lancia Beta HPE with a little work done and hopefully that will be on the road again soon (sandown incident...dont ask).

Thanks for reading guys and I can assure you photos will be up as soon as I get my SLR back from service

Ok so I think its about time made a newbie post...some of you may have already met me on some events organised through the forum, others no but I have been holding out with my intro in waiting for my car to arrive and thought it'd be more apropriate for me to be on here if I actually had a renault.

Anyway, I have just picked up my new full spec RS250 Trophy in yellow and live in eastern suburbs of Melbourne, for anyone else in my area. I know some veterans might be hesitant to welcome yet ANOTHER 250 and a new guy barging in but I can assure you its not my first french car and am very greatful to be part of this little community of like minded people.

My previous car was a black 06 Citroen C4 Coupe VTS and was a fantastic little car. we have also had a Peugeot 307 and a clio 172 in the family so I am no stranger to the delight/frustration french cars offer.

Currently I also own a stripped out red 78' Lancia Beta HPE with a little work done and hopefully that will be on the road again soon (sandown incident...dont ask).

Thanks for reading guys and I can assure you photos will be up as soon as I get my SLR back from service

Welcome.

I used to have a "stripped out" HPE too (an 84 model purchased at 3 years old), although mine was "stripped out" mostly because things kept falling off it. :rofl: Nice to drive...on the rare occasions it actually started. Quite probably the least reliable car I ever owned...and on a quiet night you could listen to it rusting. Hope yours is a lot better! Took me a long time before I bought another Italian car!

Told you yesterday you were allowed to be a new 250 owner, due to your Frenchie history and dirty Lancia the bandwagon tag does nor apply to you! :lol:

Nice looking car Ben, have seen it in the flesh next to mine and it is just awesome looking. Jealous of how new it is too!!

-Dan

Haha welcome (officially). I can't wait to gaze upon it in real life. Hope you're having an absolute blast with it.

Sounds like the perfect occasion to have another cruise and/or meet ASAP! Anyway, I'm sort of east though much further out (Wantirna South), but we're bound to cross paths eventually :)

Catchya around soon.