The Suggestions Thread

Pez

Dish, I'm not sure if this is what your looking for but, I love checking out whats for sale, and it never seems to appear when I check through the "active Topics" button.

Is there a way to make Classifieds appear as other threads do?

Hey there blue, I think I know what you mean (but no, that wasn't the intention of this thread hehe).

Do you use this link? search.php?search_id=newposts

It appears on the forum's index page (index.php)

It'll give you a list of all freshly started threads, and any that have recently been replied to, since you last logged in. They are listed in reverse chronological order.

Failing which, perhaps bookmark the For Sale page and hit refresh once in a while :mrgreen:

Dish have noticed that there has been some changes, so well done.

Just a question, some forums allow larger images than the 640 by 480 that is here, has that now changed, as uploads are acting a bit odd and maybe bigger?

Cool blue, thanks for the feedback.

re image resolution, I'll let bremund answer that one as I haven't encountered anything unusual so far.

Examples for comparison would be handy though nudge nudge, :wink: ;)

Cool blue, thanks for the feedback.

re image resolution, I'll let bremund answer that one as I haven't encountered anything unusual so far.

Hopefully Bremund might be able to squeeze out a larger image, would be nice to see images in bigger resolution. :hail:

Suggestions sound good guys.

One thing, on some of the older/larger threads a message will appear saying the the image limit for the thread has been reached.

Is there anyway to fix this or is it a security feature??

Cheers

Wade

Again, not sure about the technicalities of that one wade, sorry. I think we need to establish some common ground for where our members host images. They need to be stable services basically. From what I have seen, postimage tend to cycle their links so completely random crap spews forth after some time has passed. I've used imageshack.us for years and their links are still fine.

I'm only new to the forum, but I often find it easier if Social Events are categorised according to state. Admittedly, on this forum, it usually has which state the event relates to in brackets, but I personall think categorisation of social events by state is a good idea. Just a suggestion :)

• 11 months later...

Don't get why there is a 'garage' and a separate 'member's rides' section. Seems like a duplication to me. Would also be good if the cars could be classified according to model, ie have all the Clio III's in one place, all the Megane 225s in another, etc etc.

Don't get why there is a 'garage' and a separate 'member's rides' section. Seems like a duplication to me. Would also be good if the cars could be classified according to model, ie have all the Clio III's in one place, all the Megane 225s in another, etc etc.

Ha!Ha! Me too. Like the idea of sectioning the models. Might be hard if an owner of multiple models wants all cars owned in one thread.

The idea was to gradually replace the Member's Rides section with the Garage, but I think people have been slow to take on the Garage's added benefits. They each serve a slightly different purpose, but admittedly there is some overlap.

I quite like looking through the Member's Rides thread, but the Garage doesn't really seem to be something you would browse through. There doesn't seem to be a way to engage with other people's projects with the Garage, it reminds me of a spreadsheet in some ways.