my sport trophee

lucidmal

Welcome mate. First things first, Clio Cup Tropheé or Megane Cup Tropheé?

Dan.

Howdy lucidmal, and welcome to the world of Renault ownership.

Hope you manage to learn as much from the car as about the car - the talent these things display is amazing, and it often takes many months to get as much out of them as they offer :wink:

Every day the force grows stronger...and more of us are drawn to it :hail:

Welcome.

I was thinking that the other day - it's a steady stream of new owners joining, great to see.

Oh and welcome lucidmal - 265 :hail: or 250 :hyper: ?

Every day the force grows stronger...and more of us are drawn to it :hail:

Welcome.

I was thinking that the other day - it's a steady stream of new owners joining, great to see.

Oh and welcome lucidmal - 265 :hail: or 250 :hyper: ?

265 not available here.

It'll be a 250. HUGE congrats lucidmal! You'll love the car!

Would've been rather interesting if you had gotten yourself a Megane RS265 one day before they officially unveiled the car and potentially 3 months before they would've started manufacturing them. Shame the 500 units of the 265 are slated for the Euro market only.

Also would be a large change from such a heavy car to something so nimble like the RS Megane. All I can remember is how exhilarated I felt when I moved to the Megane. 'Drive the Change'.

Excuse the error re model, I am on n/s working and posted my replies after a very long 13hr shift organising more iron ore to be shipped to China - we can never send enough by the way.

I picked up my ' megs ' and only had one day to admire and enjoy the driving before coming back to work.

But I love it, to compare my CV8 and the megs is a little difficult but is getting easier with the more driving to come and .... my monaro was stolen and then burnt out by those that will never own anything of worth at all and hate people who save to own great cars or anything similar, I have other descriptions but out of respect and manners for you all, wont be posting them here.

The ' megs ' is definitely more responsive and handles so so well, the design is sharper and definitely european, the power is there and you enjoy the pickup/speed through the gears. The handling of the car has impressed me most so far even if I only enjoyed that for the day I had. The monaro was all about power and you knew that what' lived' under the bonnet always had plenty but was best enjoyed probably on longer trips rather than city driving, designers did a good job of actual car design but for my mind, good but with out any great ' wow ' factor.

I have never driven a car where someone has pulled a long side and taken a photo of the car ! - definitely wasn't of the driver lol ... The megs has that ' wow ' factor in design, it is all class and you can just sense that the power is there to compliment the package. The handling pleasure is reserved for the driver, it holds the corners so well and with little or no effort, I know there is more to learn/enjoy as I go along, can't wait .....

Happy driving all ....

Haha lucidmal, amazing isn't it? I caught a couple dudes taking photos of mine in a shopping centre carpark :) Good work mate!

-Dan