Potential 300c SRT8 Convert...

Lateralus

G'day All,

Took a 2005 / 2006 Megane Sport 225 for a test today for the other half...

We have bought it as the " Boss " had her Corolla crashed into... It was due to be upgraded anyway however she wanted something a bit more solid & safe for carting our 4 year old around with and also wanted something with a bit of get up and go....

By hell does the little jigger get up and go.... I drive daily a Chrysler 300c SRT8 and that hauls a*** however the balls on the 225 are HUUUGGEEEE... So much so that I am considering getting rid of it and buying another 225 as my own daily driver....

I would welcome any feedback from any other seasoned 225 owners on things to look out for or if there are any gremlins etc to keep an eye out for...

Anyway.. We will hopefully pick the new car up later this week so wish us luck....

Cheers,

Lateralus

Welcome, Lateralus.

Be careful.. these things are addictive :mrgreen:

Have a lookee through the Megane II sections, and you'll see the pattern. Generally they're a reliable car, but they do have their weak points, engine mounts in particular.

you're preaching to the converted here . had a 225 3 door then tradedit in onthe ultimate .... yellow R26 .

and son has 2 x clios..... 172 and 182 cup .

they are ADDICTIVE . and huge fun .

Hey Mate....Welcome....

What a quinky-dink.....my bro-in-law also has one of those Blingers. Sure they look good and all, and they do go fast in a straight line, but my little Meggy had no trouble dealing with him on a country run, and that was just in the straight parts.....heehhe.....not even talking about the twisty bits....

Having said that, if I had the luxury to keep one of each (Meggy and Chrysler) in the family, that would be very nice indeed, as the luxury of the Chrysler is much advanced over the Meggy.

Good to have you on board (The Forum).....

Keep us posted....

Cheers - Dave.

Welcome Lateralus (and Co.)

Fun is the key word for these vehicles i've heard and know over the years.

To sell the 300 and get 2 RSMs.... wouldn't be surprised if you get both for the price of your one.

May be dead wrong...but the way the market is nowadays, i stand by my latter comment.

Although, you may consider getting the one...play with it when your other half is not looking (say 6am), then if still keen, sell up the C, and pick up a new RSM250 when they come out, and simply be the envy of all on here. :hail:

Many options, hope things go your way and enjoy.

Cheers,

WOLF

ps: what city are writing from?

Welcome! Sounds like you picked up a phI 225 non-cup for your wife? If you're liking that, can I suggest trying a Cup version (phI or phII).

I think you'll dig it :mrgreen:

Welcome Mr and Mrs Lateralus :lol:

Getting into an RSM is something you'll never regret. Moving from the 300C is a total change of machine. A mate has a blinged up 300 and its such a great cruising machine ... like driving around in my lounge room! But in the "funfactor" ratings its got nothing on the 225.

With the imminent release of the RSM 250, there are some great deals to be had on the previous versions ... the R26 is a great machine with a huge BFYB at the current asking price ... the Cup is not far behind in performance and does offer a few more "creature comforts".

See you on the road

Andrew

Fo Shizzle Wee Baby Bangers....

Pimp Daddy-J sending a HUUUUGGGGEEEE shout out to all yo MOFO's fo yo kind words an all....

My " Lounge Chair... " As put by... " AndyC is now up on CarSales.com to go to a good home...

Seriously thank you to all for your kind words and guidance... Seriously looking forwards to picking the little beastie up in the next few days so will certainly see you on the road somewhere...

Cheers,

DADDYJ... Ex 300c Owner...