Another Lotus to RSM convert.

Andy C

Gday All,

Posted last Sept for RSM info when I thought my Lotus had sold ... well ... 6 months later it finally took its last drive up my driveway this morning :cry: Was sorry to see it go, but with wife/kid it just didn't work anymore. I have convinced SWMBO that a Megane is a "family Car" .. look it has a backseat and 4 doors! So now I am officially in the market for a RSM (Cup prefered). Would have loved an Evora, but there are 200,000 reason why that wont be happening.

Looking through the other posts it would appear there are numerous current/past Lotus nutters around here, so it looks like I will be at home ... and yes, if your from Sydney and a CLA member, I know most of you and you probably know me.

I think I have all the spec and model details n stuff down OK, but I may need someone I can trust to eyeball interstate vehicles if they come up for sale ... so anyone in Melb, Adel or Bris that can help me out there is FREE BEER on offer. I will also need recommendations of reliable interstate mechanics that can give a good PPI.

Hopefully I can find a suitable purchase soon and catch up with you guys on your next run/track day/pizza eating session.

Andrew

Welcome aboard, and probably suggest Le French Motors, RACQ, and maybe even Metro Renault all in Brisbane. Sorry to say Cartwright euro missed afew things with one my inspections, so cannot recommend them, nor could i recommend Bryan Byrt Renault, because they are FORD.

Will keep an eye out up here, but probably better luck down south.

Questions:

- What is your budget?

- how new and how many KMs are the top limit?

- Can it be a 3 door, 4 seater RSM?

- prefered colour if any?

Cheers,

WOLF

Welcome! Good luck with your search Andy. Any pics of your Lotus? :wink:

Thanks for the welcome and workshop referrals,

Answers to the Q's

- What is your budget? - I reckon I should be able to pick up a decent vehicle for mid 20's

- how new and how many KMs are the top limit? - prefer upgrade version and less than 50 k's, but service history and overall condition > all

- Can it be a 3 door, 4 seater RSM? - prefer leather interior and easy rear seat access, so more likely 4 door.

- prefered colour if any? - my daughter wants silver ... i really don't care.

I have had a few Loti over the years, this was the most recent

image-3_.jpg?t=1268908645

Andrew

They are very long doors on the 3dr - rear access is actually very good, as is the room back there. And I reckon they look better than the 5dr :wink: hehe

Oh, and welcome! :D

Sad to hear of you having to sell the Elan though :(

They are very long doors on the 3dr - rear access is actually very good, as is the room back there. And I reckon they look better than the 5dr :wink: hehe

:(

i 2nd that. Much better looking and still practical.

andy , hi !

you'll love the RSM . let me know when you're brining it to naremburn pizza and i'll bring mine + darren with R26 and S2 . 3 X RSM there would rev them up pretty well ! :nod: