New to OZ Renault Sport

mattgreen172

Hi All, just joined your great site, I live in Sydney and would love to know of any up coming meets (would def be up for the Bathhurst meet but ive got things going on i cant get out of :( Would be great to have a meet in Sydney as i could do with some brain picking on servicing and where to get parts from plus get to meet some other renault nuts. Thanks. Matt

welcome to the forum mate!

how long you had the 172 for?

as for servicing, best place in Sydney is defo Paul V in carlton!

btw, your name reminds me of a guy i went to primary school with (if i am right in thinking your last name is green???)......you're not him are you? :shock:

Cheers.

Brendan

Welcome, Matt.

I'll be in Sydney this Thursday - I'm sure they guys would love another attendee, and I'm happy for you to steal my limelight :wink:

Keep your eyes on the social section.

I'd love to get my hands on a vertigo green RSC... pity they never came here :)

Welome Matt! You're car looks good in the Garage section. I think I've spotted you before plus you got spotted this arvo :wink: check the sightings section!

Welcome Matt (Green),

Absolutely love the dark rims on your weapon. 17's yeah?

THAT'S it!...i have GOT to get some black rims.

Anyways, give me a shout if you need anything, would be happy to help.

Cheers,

WOLF

ps: feedback on the KTR springs when you have a chance. Thanks.

Hi guys, had the 172 for about 18 months, came over from the UK a few years ago and have always had french hatches over there. The pic has 17's on it but they were too big so swapped out for 16's in the same style but still looks nice, the KTR springs are great but it is sitting very low (the tyres are 195/40/16 so thats about another 5mm drop over standard), the KTR fast road brakes im still bedding in but will let you know. Let me know where the meet is, I used to live out Baulkham Hills way but now in Lane Cove, think the sighting was my housemate yesterday nocking off my car whilst i was at work, usefull board as hes now getting a bollocking!!!

Welcome to another Pommie Frenchy car lover!

Jeez Moosey...we should be thankful.If the Brits didn't like French cars so much then we all may still be driving Austins and Rovers (Christ, didn't British Leyland make some sh*te cars when you come to think of it). Besides...they do make a few Pugs in old blighty as well.

Welcome mate....thought about a Meggy?

Hi guys, ive owed a few, here goes, Pug 205 GTi (1.9), Pug 306 GTi6, Pug 306 XSI, Renault Clio 1.8 RSI and Finally a Citroen Saxo VTS. Clio 172 is the best ive had yet to drive although id say the 205 GTi was the best looking, I will upload some pics soon. Went back to the UK a few months ago and drove a Meggy R26R on some pretty decent roads and must say it was blisteringly quick, my dad has a Merc SLK 55 AMG and was really struggling to keep up especially in the corners. Ideally i wanted to get hold of a Phase 2 V6 but due unfortunatly im too busy to sort it at the moment. Anyone know of bike racks that go on back of clio (and to that fact if anyone wants to go for a some trail riding in syd let me know).... review of the springs and brakes coming soon...ps anyone know where the best place to source/fit ITB for a clio 172???