HI! FRB 182Cup F1 owner!..... on L's :D melb

rado

HI all!

My name is Rado, i am Mairo's brother who is a forum member in here. He is kinda upset that i got the clio... probably having a cry because i got it :evil: and i am still on my L's.

Now the Clio part , it has done 108k kms but from my fathers words who is a Renault Cotech , he says the car drives like new!All major service was done at 105k kms which i am really happy about. The car was purchased from an auction , i know the price might hurt some of you thats why i am not gona tell you how much i paid for it :twisted: !

As a first mod i am thinking of upgrading the sound system to Focal K series.Still thinking between 5 and 6 inch splits for the front. Then hopefully some trophy wheels and yozzasport exhaust 8)

I will post one picture now which i took at night because that is when i had time too :(

but tomorow i will make some pictures in the light so you can all see it properly :D

http://s302.photobucket.com/albums/nn88 ... g&newest=1

Rado

Welcome aboard.

Make sure you're capable of keeping up with the car, and have equipped yourself properly. Get some track time or a defensive driving course under your belt before you go chasing more horsies. :wink:

Agreed. Nice speakers though, but be careful not to go nuts and add to much weight. Kills the spirit of the car with a huge subwoofer in the rear IMO (not saying that's what you have planned, just thought i'd put it out there).

Anyway, nice clean looking car, and happy driving/learning.

With regards to Trophy wheels (and any other trophy parts) i can help you out there. Unless that's your Dads department of course.

Also looking at some other parts to bring in.

Cheers,

WOLF

Hi!

Thanks for your replies,

Welcome aboard.

. Get some track time or a defensive driving course under your belt before you go chasing more horsies.

I will deffenetly do that , in two weeks i am going for my P's so after that if i have some money left over from the sound system :roll: , me and my brother will do the defensive driving course.

Agreed. Nice speakers though, but be careful not to go nuts and add to much weight. Kills the spirit of the car with a huge subwoofer in the rear IMO (

WOLF

Yes i know what you mean, well i already have my subwoofer and its a 11inch Focal 27kx so its not that big .

I am more of a quality> loudness person and that sub sure is quality for its size :D

Anywayz here are the other pictures that i took during the day

http://s302.photobucket.com/albums/nn88/mairo12345/?action=view&current=clio3.jpg&newest=1

http://s302.photobucket.com/albums/nn88/mairo12345/?action=view&current=clio2.jpg&newest=1

http://s302.photobucket.com/albums/nn88/mairo12345/?action=view&current=cli1.jpg&newest=1

Nice. The interior looks in good nick!

The Clio is a very capable car & I'd definitely recommend some driving courses / track time to get used to her 8)

Oh, and welcome!

Wow, nice first ride matey! Welcome aboard. My only advice is to take good care of him/her and drive it with the respect a car of its potential deserves.

As walkie said, going by that pic the interior looks perfect for a car with 108K+ on the dial.

Is it the F1 or LE? F1 edition will have the numbered plaque somewhere near the central cabin light.

Having a near identical one to you, I don't think I want to know how much you scored it for at auction... :(

All the best :)

$100 on him losing his licence

LOL, Pretty safe bet i thinks.. took me 8months in the clio to lose mine :(

Give him a breaK! He hasn't even started driving it yet! :wink:

When did i say i havent? :lol:

Is it the F1 or LE? F1 edition will have the numbered plaque somewhere near the central cabin light.

All the best :)

I am starting to think its a LE , it has no plaque, but the car has the sticker of Renault F1 team at the rear below clio but obviously its just a sticker that can be put by any1 at anytime. The auction advertised it as F1 edition but i never really got to see it in the first place, the price was unmissable so had to try my luck and hope it will be a nice car without seeing it or testing it , and it turn out to be a damn nice one!

I meant on your Ps... As in, by yourself :wink:

I meant on your Ps... As in, by yourself :wink:

I drove until the age of 20 before getting my Ls.... no excuse, just very strapped for cash back then.

But i'm sure he' s not driving by himself, hmmm? :news:

Anyways, i'd take that bet, except it might put too much pressure on the lad and jinx the poor bugger. :wink:

(btw - 1st time i've used the word 'lad')

Cheers,

WOLF

ps: Jared i thought you didn't actually lose the licence and kept the 1 point thing? ...or is THAT the reason you aren't coming out Sunday?! ...Ahaaaah!!! :nod:

ps: Jared i thought you didn't actually lose the licence and kept the 1 point thing? ...or is THAT the reason you aren't coming out Sunday?!

ahh, yeah.. i'm on the good behaviour now.. but still lost all my points so pretty much lost my licence.. lol.. I still may come Sunday btw, all depends on how awake i am when i get home..

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome mate, Now I'm no longer the youngest in Melbourne with a 182.

I WISH I wad known about 182's and 172's when I was your age. Back then, I was in the Teenage mindframe that "cubes" were best, and that nothing was quicker than my XR6 Falcon.

Well, If I'd just bought a RSC then, I would have been the subject of envy and surprise of everyone at school. I WISH I was smarter when I was your age. You, well, you're lucky, You may cop a little sh*t from your mates who are too young and inexperienced to know what the RSC is, but I guarantee you, they're a much better car than the countless 19" shod commodores and crap falcons with P plates you see getting around nowadays, they BLOW them out of the water (And I DO NOT condone law breaking behaviour..... Specially for a kid your age).

Have fun with the car and Oh, good luck with insurance, I'm 24 and I'm STILL having issues finding good insurers who will insure the category of car with someone my age (I'm rating one, good history, Car in Garage in good area).

Anyway, Enjoy.

Danny

• 1 month later...

Hey, if a admin can change the topic to **.... on P's** :D:D:D ( nah jokes, keep it as L's ) :D

passed my drive test today without a single mistake now i am sooooo happy :S

but very tired from writing in 140 hours in the log book in pretty much 1 night untill 5am lol..

anyway i am off to drive now hehe,

Rado