Hi all, looking for 172 / 182

gkramer

Hi all, looking to purchase a 172 or 182 sport in the next week or so - clean example with good service history, road use. Anyone with one for sale, advice, or any other suggestions, please contact me!

Test drove an 03 172 today, first drive of a Clio, great drive but a bit ratty on the inside. Bloody impressive little car though, certainly understand what all the fuss is about.

Sydney based. Look forward to getting into Clio culture and meeting fellow enthusiasts through the forum.

Gary.

Welcome Gary!

There're a few threads on what to look for when inspecting Clios - worth a read.

Good luck with search!

Thanks all for the warm welcome and advice. Nemz, I had a look at the 182 F1 last night. However the owner had degreased and washed the engine in preparation for sale, and water has gotten into the electrics somewhere. Was misfiring and a bit shakey. So unfortunately did not drive the car. Owner is taking it to his mechanic tomorrow, I'll go back Friday or Saturday. Nice clean car, though.

I also looked at a 03 172 at Chidiac motors, Burwood. 154k, log books, reasonably good condition, $5990. At this stage this is my fallback if the 182 falls through. I can get a 3 year warranty for $1100 which has some appeal.

I want to get an independent inspection report on the 182 - there are a number of companies that provide this service, has anyone had any experience with this?

Thanks again,

Gary

However the owner had degreased and washed the engine in preparation for sale, and water has gotten into the electrics somewhere. Was misfiring and a bit shakey. So unfortunately did not drive the car. Owner is taking it to his mechanic tomorrow, I'll go back Friday or Saturday. Nice clean car, though.

Water in the spark plugs?

Hi Mate and welcome!

Make sure you read the fine print and understand the "warranty" you'll find that most of these 3rd party warranties pedaled by used car dealers are actually just insurance policies with repair cost limits and excesses to pay in the case of a claim some are even tied to repairs by specific workshops. Not necessarily a bad option, but just be aware of what you are paying for and that its value for money.

• 2 weeks later...