I just bought Wobbles 172. Its HOT!!!

chef32

Hey guys.

Just handed the cash over and took ownership of my silver 172. Its awesome, i just have to learn to drive it, and give it a wash.

I used to drive a 88 crx with koni, eibach, whiteline setup that used to handle awesome, now i got the extra power and safety too, not to mention a decent set of tyres to go with it.

I think my first plans for the car revolve around the sound system area. I'll be looking to put my Hertz hsk splits and audison amp (takes high level inputs) in over the summer to get the ball rolling.

I'll also need to get the roof racks going to get my mountain bike up there

Anyway. just thought i'd say hello and that you're likely see me tooting around the Glen Waverley area here in Melbourne. honk or wave if you see me around.

cheers

chef

theres a few owners who are keen cyclists as well (see off topic)

congrats on the purchase mate, i think we were all hoping wobble would cannablise the parts so we could all get the goodies.

sweet ride chef!

^^^ +1

Welcome Chef! You got yourself a good 'un - we all wanted him to split the mods off it so we could buy 'em! lol

Enjoy her 8)

Alex

Thanks guys. pretty happy with the mods at the moment. After doing a bit of research i found that wobble put all good quality stuff in. that together with the low k's just make it perfect for what i was after.

btw. i hear a creaking noise from the passenger side airvent i think... its already begun...

i tell you, its a very subtle splitter ( i call it a front lip ), but it adds a nice touch to the front of the car. a matching carbon skirt all the way round would be interesting.

i'm actually worried i'll snap it off over one of those concrete parking blocks if i'm not carefull.

what do they cost anyway?

if its a k-tec one they are 100 pounds plus postage

for a while wobble was thinking of making one as he worked with carbon fibre for yachts?

95 actually :news:

:booty:

yeah definately, i actually was just at safeway at the glen and parked near a blue mk2 with i think momo rims. Wonder who that was.

yeah i pull both wheels off anyway to get the bike in dads 929 boot so i think i'll just chuck it in the back of the clio carefully with a tarp or something. Only problem is the rear carbon brace i got in there. will have to consider getting rid of that..

hmm, i'll see how i got with the bike in the next couple of weeks, if it is too much of drainer i'll get in touch walkie.

btw. i'm looking for a service manual for this thing. I got that chopped up one thats stickied, but is there anything more comprehensive in electronic form that i could get my hands on?

oh. and the fubar guides that are stickied don't work anymore...

Welcome chef!

Might see you on Springy Rd sometime. I'm in Templestowe Warrandyte Area will wave and toot if I see you. BTW who is wobbles? What is so different about this car?

Cheers danny, do doubt we'll run into each other.

ECU is sorted as far as i can tell.

yeah, its got intake, cat back, and cat cams at the moment. once i sort out these rattles and pay insurance, i'll look at taking things further.... (i can hear you giggling about the rattles :cry: ).

i've been looking at all sorts of different mods but in terms of engine performance i'll be looking at exhaust manifold and cat, then ecu, perhaps consider intake stuff, but its a bit too much money i think.

Suspension i'll be looking at springs and shocks, the usual koni and eibach like i had in the crx. I've noticed the eibachs come out of germany pretty cheap on ebay, is this where people get them?

eibachs have been coming from DT (demon tweeks) in the UK.

as for mods:

as fara as i can tell there isnt alot of gain in the exhaust manifold from what i can tell, best bet may be to try and source the 182 4-1 exhaust manifold nad get it ceramic coated?

cat could be worth some gains.

maxogen is the best in terms of air boxes, there may be gains form matching the intake manifold but not definitive.

the Rs tuner is good bang for the buck ECU mod. Other than that i think you will run of of stuff to play with, then look at ITBs for the supercharger kit angelworks is preparing.

TBH for the money, get a second set of rubber, helmet and a cams licence. everyone told me this and ive finally come around to it.

Yeah i was planning to go the 182 extractors. Already have ITG maxogen intake, but i was more referring to throttle bodies

Well the rubber is there, i got a stock set of rims with tread on them, not sure how good it is. I was planning to roll down to the next sandown evening session just to see how much time i'll actually get out there. I've been to a few maserati club track days at sandown and my mate didn't get as much time out there as i expected.

All in good time i guess. i just bought the car so i should really get comfortable with it first.

will look up this demon tweaks place. thanks

I far as I can tell I don't think anyone has improved on the std air box with panel filter. Save yr money :) Those expensive pods can be a big waste of $ unless you get 2nd hand. Get an RSTuner to data log for improvements and remap for the cams too :wink: .

You must remap to those cat cams. There would be a lot in it for sure. Good bang for $. :wink: You will also be able to see if the maxogen is actually any better than a std air box. Dead easy to work out. It would sound better tho :headbang: