what does warranty means????

blackie

I really wanna make myself clear, does warranty only covered fail item not damage item?

Apparently, the leather case that sitted on the bottom of the transmission stick has been wrecked, the service manager told me that wasn't covered under warranty since it has been damage item. not a fail item, what the hell!! :evil::evil:

Do u think I should argue with them as this should be a warranty item or?

Warranty covers manufacturing defects. Basically if something breaks under normal circumstances it would be considered faulty and therefore replaced. Damage that results from normal wear and tear is not covered. It sounds like you might be describing the latter.

Just choose your words wisely when talking to the service guys. If you honestly believe its a manufacturing defect then push it until you're blue in the face. If you think its wear and tear just pay for it yourself. Honesty and perseverance is normally the best way.

Grey area really, I mean the steering wheel rubber peeling off can be classified as normal wera and tear, but i think we all had that replaced no problems? I had my head light washer replaced before as well, the ball went missing... they said that's not really covered because i can't prove if I had hit something or it fell off as a result of poort fitting. But they had a look at the car, satisfied that it didn't look like I had hit something, and I didn't look like someone that would lie (hehehehe) they replaced it.

If one dealer says no, you can always ring up another one, which might just say yes.

yes I was gonna think about the issue of the steering wheel replacement. I was gonna try to explain to the service manager but he was very busy during the day and not letting me to argue. well, I am heading off to the dealer again in 2 weeks time to replace my faulty temperature censor (still displaying 40 degree at the mement :roll: ). I will have another good talk to the service manager to see what he can do apart to glue that leather stuff back to the panel....

Grey area really, I mean the steering wheel rubber peeling off can be classified as normal wera and tear, but i think we all had that replaced no problems? I had my head light washer replaced before as well, the ball went missing... they said that's not really covered because i can't prove if I had hit something or it fell off as a result of poort fitting. But they had a look at the car, satisfied that it didn't look like I had hit something, and I didn't look like someone that would lie (hehehehe) they replaced it.

If one dealer says no, you can always ring up another one, which might just say yes.

...but no mention of you being a crash magnet, right? :P

"Wear & tear" on an item would relate to something that would be touched or moved on a regular basis, ie switches, hinges, seat surfaces etc. If the gear lever cover came off due to broken/poor quality fittings then it shouldn't be questioned - it should be replaced. If it's cos you yank on it everytime you change gears then that would be wear&tear... but who changes gears like that? :?

As for the steering wheel inserts coming out - that is a defect due to the wrong adhesive being used for Australian conditions, a problem acknowledged by Renault... Karlos - you should know that! As for the washer ball popping out, that too is a common problem that dealers should know about.

A long time ago, on this forum I think, someone even got the front carpet replaced under warranty. This to me would be the most obvious wear and tear. Geez Renault were obliging on this one..wouldn't you just buy mats from new and there'd be no problem...

The proper Clio mats aren't cheap from what I remember.

Apparently, the leather case that sitted on the bottom of the transmission stick has been wrecked, the service manager told me that wasn't covered under warranty since it has been damage item. not a fail item, what the hell!! :evil::evil:

Do u think I should argue with them as this should be a warranty item or?

I believe in the above example if the car is say 1 year old with 10000km on the clock you could argue that this is a bit premature for it to be wear & tear & most likely get a replacement but if its closer to the end of its warranty period hmmmm then I wouldn't even ask.

I believe in the above example if the car is say 1 year old with 10000km on the clock you could argue that this is a bit premature for it to be wear & tear & most likely get a replacement but if its closer to the end of its warranty period hmmmm then I wouldn't even ask.

Agreed on this. One year for a gearshift boot isn't fair wear & tear.

mine one is a 02 model and travelled 40K , so it is normal for the wearing and tear? my previous car have been driven for nearly 7 years and the gear level cover are still in shape. as I never yank on it ( good suggestion Dish :P ) I do not think it is a "NORMAL" wear and tear item as it shouldn't be.

Dealer told me the car comes with mats. Not very good ones though, given the ones they are in mine. Supercheap could do a better job.

Hey Deb, the Clio does come with floor mats standard, and the proper ones are great! I'm thinking you got different ones then if you're saying Super Cheap can do better ones?

i had a really close shave with a taxi about 6 months ago...he ran a stop sign, i jammed on the anchors from about 50kph, and avoided the crash...the only damage was the leather trim around the gear stick came loose!...it was replaced under warranty...upon hearing the story the service guy just said...'don't explain, just tell me its broken'...not sure how it happened but it did...i say warranty!...

as for the carpet mats, they are sh*te...mine got a hole where my right heel rests after about 19000k's... :roll:

as for the carpet mats, they are sh*te...mine got a hole where my right heel rests after about 19000k's... :roll:

Hmm thats funny cause I've done 39k on mine and they still great.

Wearing stilettos again were you gead? :lol::lol::lol:

• 1 month later...

just to get update with the gear level cover, after all the argument, the final result is that they put some special 3M glue to that while I have my car in the service for the temperature sensor.

I really feel sicked and tired to argue. :evil::evil: I have spoken to the lady on the phone in the renault after service survey. I did make a big complain on that. Dunno whether it is useful or not..

i cant expect too much, as long as the glue do the job, I dun care :cry:

just to get update with the gear level cover, after all the argument, the final result is that they put some special 3M glue to that while I have my car in the service for the temperature sensor.

I really feel sicked and tired to argue. :evil::evil: I have spoken to the lady on the phone in the renault after service survey. I did make a big complain on that. Dunno whether it is useful or not..

i cant expect too much, as long as the glue do the job, I dun care :cry:

What happens if you need to take the console apart? The glue means you can't do it without taking the gear knob off which i'm not sure you can do anyway.

I had a top door trim panel replaced because the clip was broken. It was actually fixed (they pushed it in place while holding the clip somehow) but because the clip wouldn't stay in place it was near impossible to clip the panel in. I complained saying if I ever take the panel off to put speakers in I will never be able to put the panel back on. So they replaced it under warranty.

What happens if you need to take the console apart? The glue means you can't do it without taking the gear knob off which i'm not sure you can do anyway.

And to further compound the issue, isn't it a hacksaw job to remove the gearknob? Or is that an internet fairytale? I'm sure I've read somewhere that the knob (with built-in reverse guard) is not a screw-in type. :?