WA - New Member

wwflower

Thought it was time to say g'day. Got the little blue RSC182 for the wife two years ago and it's been cruising the streets of Perth ever since. Predominantly between Como to East Perth and south of the river. This site has been immensely helpful as most of the common quirks have manifested themselves early on. ie Hard starting due to TDC sensor, key fob failing, knocking in front end (going to live with that), 12v battery died and no doubt there's more surprises in store. But we love it, goes like a rocket. So as I said, g'day and keep on posting that good information fellow RSC owners.

Cheers,

wwflower

^^^ yep, flowers, weeds etc etc LOL

Welcome wwf - nice to see another lurker come out of the shadows :D See, we don't bite :wink:

May I ask how you came to know of us?

Cheers, Dish.

Yeah, G'Day again folks,

Thanks for the welcome and the words of encouragement. Did a certain amount of research before we bought the little blue car and came across this site via Google (after we got the car). The wife wanted a car that was easy to park and I wanted something with a bit of sting, but not something that atracted attention like (say) a WRX. So we lined up all the usual suspects, Golf Gti, Cooper S, 206 Gti etc. Hadn't heard of the RCS at that stage. Anyways stumbled into a car yard one Sunday and there's these three little blue cars lined up fresh off the boat. One even had these funny white stripes up and down it. The badge on the door said 2.0 16v. I thought it was some sort of joke because I didn't believe that any one would put a motor that big in a car that small. Anyway I was intrigued so back to Google we went. About 3,000 hits later followed up by the dumping of about 50 reviews, back we went a couple of weeks later for a test drive and the rest is history. As the man on TV said "it makes you happy".

Cheers

wwflower.

• 3 weeks later...
Thought it was time to say g'day. Got the little blue RSC182 for the wife two years ago and it's been cruising the streets of Perth ever since. Predominantly between Como to East Perth and south of the river. This site has been immensely helpful as most of the common quirks have manifested themselves early on. ie Hard starting due to TDC sensor, key fob failing, knocking in front end (going to live with that), 12v battery died and no doubt there's more surprises in store. But we love it, goes like a rocket. So as I said, g'day and keep on posting that good information fellow RSC owners.

Cheers,

wwflower

Welcome aboard mate, a belated G'day from another WA member. We have drive days from time to time with one planned soon (see social events) Look forward to seeing you along sometime!

Cheers,

Justin.

Cheers,

wwflower

Welcome aboard mate, a belated G'day from another WA member. We have drive days from time to time with one planned soon (see social events) Look forward to seeing you along sometime!

Cheers,

Justin.

Link here to the drive day, unfortunately I cant make this one :(

http://www.ozrenaultsport.com/forum/vie ... php?t=7913

• 1 month later...

Sorry I took so long to respond to your hi wwf,

Welcome and hello,

I live up near Mundaring so probably won't see you

around on the roads much but if you want to go for

a drive in the hills I have a pretty decent repertoire of

local roads now.

cheers, :D

Hi Biologist,

Yes, Mundaring holds certain appeal. On the second day of ownership we did the Kalamunda to the Weir Hotel run and have done it a couple of times since. Pity about the 70 Km limit which I don't think existed when I used to belt up and down there on my motorbike years ago (I'm an OF in case you haven't worked it out). Still, the trick with the Clio I've discovered is to put the speed limiter on say 80 KMH and then travel mainly in second and third gear. Great fun but doesn't do much for fuel economy, but hey.......... Unfortunately I spend most of my time working out of Perth and am only here for the odd weekend. The Clio is the wife's daily driver.

Cheers

WWF

the Kalamunda to the Weir Hotel run..

Cheers

WWF

Another OF, welcome to the club mate!

yeah, the cops know the Weir road very well also. :roll:

I've found some cracker little roads around the back of Pickering Brook, (Repatriation/Forest/Patterson road) :D

The Targa West Stage that starts of Albany Hwy and ends near Araluen Country club

is a favourite (Canning Dam Rd/McNess Drive) and most of it has been resurfaced so the Spider loves it.

Plus some others I've found out back of Lake Leschenaultia.

Its all good :D

cheers,