Slow activation - any moderators out there??

Guest funny

It looks as though one of the other Admin team has deleted your application, most likely due to lack of information to identify you as a genuine applicant. Please reregister providing greater detail in fields such as location and interests etc.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

PS: Thanks dank :wink: We do notice new posts y'know! :P

Hey Dish,

Do we send out emails to the people confirming with them their registration has been successful?

Cheers,

Steve

* Maybe people should receive this warning before signing up; http://www.ozrenaultsport.com/forum/vie ... php?t=7079

I know a mate of mine received the calendar email last night and was finding it odd as he signed up ages ago, but since registration took a while and he didn't get a notification he never visited the site again...

Hey Dish,

Do we send out emails to the people confirming with them their registration has been successful?

No we don't.

Time is the constraint here. As the majority of membership requests are fakers or bots they take up time just to delete.

And as Dish mentioned if the application is light on for details, especially location, then it'll be deleted.

Possibly a later version of the system software will send a pm or email to successful applicants automatically

but the best way to check is to try and log in and if no luck post as a guest and ask wots go'in on?

cheers, :)

Hi, new user here - signed up 3 days ago.

BUT can't get access as I haven't yet been "activated". It's been 3 days, what gives?

:(

Apologies funny.

I deleted your account. Didn't recognise the email blahblah at internode dot on dot net until i checked with Dish who had the same at internode dot on dot net

Welcome. :mrgreen:

LOL e.sport... yep, as you'd probably know funny, people normally look at our email address in disbelief.

Welcome, and thanks for you patience.

Hey Dish,

No we don't.

Time is the constraint here. As the majority of membership requests are fakers or bots they take up time just to delete.

And as Dish mentioned if the application is light on for details, especially location, then it'll be deleted.

Possibly a later version of the system software will send a pm or email to successful applicants automatically

but the best way to check is to try and log in and if no luck post as a guest and ask wots go'in on?

cheers, :)

Thanks Teki04.

In addition to what Bio and Dish have posted...

ALL admin get email notification of new member registrations, so if you can imagine getting up to 15-20+ emails daily from the site (if it gets to a couple of days....), then having to open each, log-in to OzRS and cross check before verifying. :shock: Often i log-in first here before looking at my email account (unless i get an email that my account is up to the limit) i will just look at the bottom of the front page, open a new window then check the Memberlist (up top) and can tell how many are bots and/or spammers. But some just get deleted as with funny or some do not get a reply email verification, due to you have to view the new member email first, then verify on OzRS, then clink of the original new member email link before they can be approved. FOOK... thats confusing.

I'm just wishing the upgraded php software will make it a simpler process for manual approvals - if it doesn't have a more secure way of getting through that basic application process in the first place!! Time will tell...

We solved the spam problem 100% by adding a small quiz question to the login. Something as simple as "What car manufacturer does this site revolve around?" keeps out all the bot scripts and non-English spammers. Since adding that, we've had zero spam signups in 2 weeks, down from about 15 a day.

In addition I added a new tool that makes user admin a snap. It lists the users by date of signup and you just click on 'em to view their profiles. If they look good, click to approve and click to save.

• 2 months later...

NFG, are you using php for your forum too? If so, can you please provide details of the tool you mentioned in the above post? It would save us heaps of time & effort methinks.

Sorry for not noticing this post til now.

while anti-spamming is being sorted, do you guys think it's a good idea to have a thread where we vouch for the legitimacy of new people to make it easier on the admins?

I have 2 workmates who have registered, romeriolopez and lmodesto, and they are eager to start reading the threads :)

while anti-spamming is being sorted, do you guys think it's a good idea to have a thread where we vouch for the legitimacy of new people to make it easier on the admins?

I have 2 workmates who have registered, romeriolopez and lmodesto, and they are eager to start reading the threads :)

lmodesto is now online, the other name, its not in the member list????

lmodesto is now online, the other name, its not in the member list????

thanks for the quick response bio!

maybe a DB thing? cos he got the sign up email

Please keep this email for your records. Your account information is as follows:

----------------------------

Username: romeriolopez

sorry, I should mentioned that he registered on the weekend, not today. ta!

I checked the member list and the admin for romeriolopez and no mention of that name. Either

they have been deleted since or they have another name?? Beats me.

cheers, :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DeBurca173

I signed up 10 days ago. Got the ‘Your account is currently inactive’ confirmation email but account has not been activated. I later replied to that email to find out what was wrong but no reply. If my account has been refused, please tell me.

PS. I didn’t notice the ‘NEW TO OzRS? *Please read!*’ until after registering so I didn’t enter interests. If certain information is required for registration why doesn’t it tell you when you are registering?

Ok, it’s now telling me ‘Sorry, but this username has already been taken’ when I tried to Submit this post. My original user name was DeBurca172 but I cannot log in using it.

I signed up 10 days ago. Got the ‘Your account is currently inactive’ confirmation email but account has not been activated. I later replied to that email to find out what was wrong but no reply. If my account has been refused, please tell me.

PS. I didn’t notice the ‘NEW TO OzRS? *Please read!*’ until after registering so I didn’t enter interests. If certain information is required for registration why doesn’t it tell you when you are registering?

Ok, it’s now telling me ‘Sorry, but this username has already been taken’ when I tried to Submit this post. My original user name was DeBurca172 but I cannot log in using it.

I haven't been on for a while. Lots to do. You are priority number 1.

OZRS Friendly Admin TEAM. :mrgreen:

EDIT 10:03 AM

You signed up as DeBurca172 bloody hell i was looking for DeBurca173.

Lets see how far i get. Thanks for your patience. :?